Half
    25.36%
    1/3
    19.31%
    Very Little
    27.95%

I know a few that still do--------------------dave

Comment

Anna: You need to have ALL=100% so I55 and Faust can vote.

Comment

Sold my last 30% yesterday.

Comment

Yes,you need 100% also or perhaps most for an answer!
          perhaps you should allow them to specify crop year also!

Comment

by the chart it says around 75% of the corn is gone. little early for that number. 62% none or very little is very interesting.

Comment

Down to just gambling stocks, 30,000bu of corn left and maybe 6,000bu beans.

Comment

Is "All" really possible? I'll add it if so.

Comment

gmart I think we need a bigger sample for this to have much meaning.

Comment

Anna - instead of "al"l how about "More than Half"

Comment

All is definitely possible. Perhaps like Bins suggests More than half or a 75% or more. Most farmers in our area carry a little until we feel the crop is made. It is surprising how many keep some on hand into fall!

Comment

Maybe a few thousand corn and a couple thousand of beans. I have to make sure I cover my existing contracts. They are too good to screw up. I will make a closer inspection after April and May contracts are filled. Beans are to be delivered here in March-April so I won't miss much if the market falls out of bed. I wish I could zero out every year and not have any carry over but there are too many circumstances that result and create this problem. I would like to put in a scale someday but I will have to wait for a couple of years to add that luxury.

I put up all this storage for beans and I will not use much of it this year due to fall delivery on NGMO contracts. Seems like a waste of money. Maybe my beans will make 100 bu/ac and I can use the available space. lol. Looks like the tin cans will remain empty for a couple of years.

Comment

Even if you think you won't need them those tin cans can be a good investment. Many times we have spent a day to get a load of beans unloaded. That is ok in December but during harvest that don't cut it!

Comment

Anna,I'll answer if you will tell me why you want to know!!!

When the phone rings at the house now I just answer "I don't do surveys" then hang up.

Comment

Originally posted by GREG1 View Post
                              Maybe a few thousand corn and a couple thousand of beans. I have to make sure I cover my existing contracts. They are too good to screw up. I will make a closer inspection after April and May contracts are filled. Beans are to be delivered here in March-April so I won't miss much if the market falls out of bed. I wish I could zero out every year and not have any carry over but there are too many circumstances that result and create this problem. I would like to put in a scale someday but I will have to wait for a couple of years to add that luxury.

I put up all this storage for beans and I will not use much of it this year due to fall delivery on NGMO contracts. Seems like a waste of money. Maybe my beans will make 100 bu/ac and I can use the available space. lol. Looks like the tin cans will remain empty for a couple of years.
                              When I increased my storage and drying 10-12 years ago, the costs on all the additional grain bins and another 1st class drying system, the numbers at that time showed just an excellent return on this money, much, much better than just putting the money in a SP500 index fund or perhaps bonds. Can't remember the exact Return on Investment numbers, but they really showed that the extra bins and drying equipment was the right thing to do, and the time saved trying to deliver grain to end users during the high-volume harvest time can really eat up your labor. Haven't run any recent ROI numbers on storage, but I don't think they have changed big-time.

Comment

Working...
                              X