National Yield? Carryover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Yield? Carryover?

What's your predictions for tomorrow? Mine is yield at 155. Carryover will be +600k bu.

yeild at 153.8. and thats still too high.

Comment

what will 149 do to the market-----------dave

Comment

limit up 2 days. then slow grind to 9.50+

Comment

alot of poltry companys and feed lots for that matter are hanging on now how high is too high my corn flakes my go up------------------dave----------------------------------glad to see you posting Gmart

Comment

155.....W T F?? lmao...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaha. Pink Unicorns will soon be flying out of my a$$ too. But what do I know. I walked into several hundred acres of corn that appeared from the road to be 150-180 stuff....after doing the ear sampling of blank and unfilled ears....I'm guessing 50-70...and that might be a stretch. Unless you're walking into the jungle to look around, you don't have a clue.

Oh...as for USDA 155 might do it...I say 156 and reality it will be 143.
            Last edited by db51; 08-10-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

USDA on this report= 152.7 actual this fall=148.3

Walked most of my corn this past Sunday. Looks like it should go 160 on the sand ground and around 175 on the black dirt and 150- on the heavy clay. Avg for my farm should be around 160-165, which is 25-30 bushels below the past 3 yr avg.

Comment

I have been posting for the last several weeks on here that in my neck of the woods the crop looks good but the high temps hit us hard. When I first did that this very web site posted an article saying that the high temps did not hurt as bad as people thought. Give me a break! I think that we farmers (not producers) know what the hell is there and what is not. There will be some good corn but there will be a lot that is only marginal and some will not be worth the time it takes to shell it. Had many farmers around me tell me that they thought their crops were great as they picked up a stray shower that others nearby did not, until they went into their fields and about lost their lunch. High temps hurt us badly and only this fall will the true magnitude show up. Here on our farm we went from 200+ (much better than average) to around <100 which is less than average. We not only have tip back, poor pollination, but the big sleeper will be kernel density which in our area will be light. Not a marketing expert at all but looking into the grain bin from my area this year I say average national yield <150 and 550 carry over but I really don't have a clue as I have not been all across the corn belt. The crop tour ought to be a real insight this year if they just would really get into the crop and work the yields and then report them as they really shake out.

I have posed this question before but will do it once again: Could we realistically run out of corn in this country and what happens if we do? What will demand destruction do? Could an embargo of corn be put into place? How high can corn realistically go to?

Comment

Originally posted by db51 View Post
                  155.....W T F?? lmao...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaha. Pink Unicorns will soon be flying out of my a$$ too. But what do I know. I walked into several hundred acres of corn that appeared from the road to be 150-180 stuff....after doing the ear sampling of blank and unfilled ears....I'm guessing 50-70...and that might be a stretch. Unless you're walking into the jungle to look around, you don't have a clue.

Oh...as for USDA 155 might do it...I say 156 and reality it will be 143.
                  The question is what will USDA say, not what will it really be, db. Don't let one unicorns get the horn hooked on the way out. That'd hurt. Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SIllinoisfarmer View Post
                    I have posed this question before but will do it once again: Could we realistically run out of corn in this country and what happens if we do? What will demand destruction do? Could an embargo of corn be put into place? How high can corn realistically go to?
                    The market won't let that happen. Prices could get so high though, we may as well run out. Ethanol is my big question, though. Political winds will blow hard against ethanol as meat and other foods go higher. Won't matter if corn has anything to do with it or not. It's easy for people to read that corn is in short supply because of ethanol and that is why food prices are high.

It's in times like these that I recall the first thing they teach in journalism school: make it easy for people to understand. Write at an 8th grade level.

Comment

Picture Worth 1000 Words

April 23 Planting

April 3 Planting

Comment

May 19 Planting:

[IMG][/IMG]

I have the only early April Planted Corn in the County. Only 80Acres. Late April Corn is a rarity around here too with the flooding.

The last sample was from my neighbors field across the road. The fields where these samples were taken are adjacent to each other. There is a crapload of corn down here that looks like Photo # 3. Our bottom ground is 0 after being under water. I have about 30% of my crop that has just been pollinated in the last 2 weeks.

Comment

155.5 and +900 If we are gonna run out of corn why is Sept a .10 discount to Dec that doesn't make sense

Comment

Dave, what population planting counts are the top two photos?

Comment

Also, Dave, so you'll be having some cream corn to harvest this fall too? Dennis Gartman, who's saying corn is just fine thank you, would love to have some of those pink unicorns coming out of your @$$ if you can spare any, I think he needs all you can produce....lol

Comment

Working...
                              X