Opinion on service call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on service call

I had to have a service call. 2 vendors have to work together on it so I was lucky and both were free.
    1st vendor sets up and then decides we need to move after we are started. We pack up and move. Kills an hour or more. We get set up again and the second vendor does his thing. He wants to hang around until we are done to make sure everything is OK. 1st vendor gets started again and finds out the equipment he has will not do the job. He left the right equipment at the shop.
    We have to take everything back down and put it in his truck so he can take it back to the shop. He will com back in the morning. At this point we are 6 hours into this project that should be a 4 hour deal.
    So I set up with the second vendor to come back in the morning just in case we need some adjustments. We made good time this time. 2 hours start to finish.
    I get that I have to pay the second vendor for 2 service calls plus time. It is not his fault.
    My question is it fair for the first vendor to charge for all time plus 2 service calls?

I will pay what ever he bills because I don't ant to worry about him not coming if I need him. I am just curious what folks think and why.
    Last edited by iadave; 10-27-2019, 12:55 AM.

screwed blued and tattooed ------------sorry--------------------dave

Comment

IADave , Guess you got to wait for the invoice to come to see exactly what vendor 1 bills you for . I don't think you should have to pay for 2 service calls from vendor 1 or all the hours .Lets hope vendor 1 is a logical and good business person and already knows he should NOT bill you for his mistakes . Although you may opt to pay for everything I do think I would at least mention it with a reasonable and calm explanation why you feel the invoice was excessive IF thats how it turns out .
      Good Luck !

Comment

Hey dan, i want to hear how your wife's kind sweet voice sounds if that happened to you guys.

Comment

KEEP Jack Daniels in mouth during response...

Comment

IADave , did you ever hear any more on this service call deal ?

Comment

Bill is laying in front of me right now. Bill just says 7 hours a $120 per. Probably with both days he was there that long. No mileage charge though. Probably fair enough.
              Come to think of it 2 trips would have been 4 hours just driving. I guess he was more than fair.
              I paid the other guy $500. He gets $75 per. I think he forgets some hours for me once in a while.
              Total bill came to $1020.99, plus the $500 for the second guy. I thought that was plenty.
              Then day before yesterday I got to take the remedial tire guy course. I had a flat tractor tire and my tire guy was busy! LOL
              It sure did make me appreciate the crane, tools and expertise my tire guy has!
              Of course, the other side of the story is 3 hours later I was up and running. Total cost was $10 for a valve stem,a couple hamburgers, a couple sodas and a gallon of gas.
              ( I will ignore the stiff neck, aching arms and popping back)
              Speaking of bills, I just happen to have the bill in front of me for the last tractor tire. I removed the rim and took it to his shop. $219.89
              May be I can afford a few aspirin.
              Oddly enough, my nephew elected not to come help that afternoon.
              As always. The bills I get are to high and the bills I send are t cheap...
              Last edited by iadave; 11-08-2019, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Dan, Did you get harvest done yet?

Comment

Working...
                X