Think you have had a bad day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think you have had a bad day?

Here is what has happened to my son in the last 24 hours.
    Nut came off the wheel end of a trailer. 500 miles from home
    Head gasket went out on a semi. again 500 miles from home
    Driveshaft came apart on the rescue truck going out. Leaving the truck sit on the shoulder.
    Waited almost 7 hours for the wrecker before giving up and hiring another.
    Truck caught on fire.
    The upside is every single one of these things could have been many times worse.
    The truck that caught on fires was parked between 2 other trucks. Some one saw it right away grabbed a fire extinguisher and called the fire department.
    I had left the truck and drove the 3 miles home, got a glass of water when we got the call. By the time I drove the 3 miles back the Logan Fire department had the fire out and was ready to leave! Pretty impressive for a volunteer group, or any group for that matter!

Harvesting chitty soybeans should be a breeze for you!

along with the sympathy, if you aren't doing something, chit won't happen!

Comment

Don't believe I'd plan that vacation to Las Vegas just yet. Doesn't sound like luck is your strong suit right now.

Comment

Zounds!! "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd had no luck at all!!"

Comment

Sounds like the gremlins have PMS.
          Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

That was bad luck IADave . I'd really be pizzed if someone put out the fire if my truck was burning .Especially when you had it strategically parked between two others . I'd probably choke that sucker with the fire extinguisher . LOL . Always heard that the two best days in a truckers life is the day he bought his first truck and the day he sold his last truck !!

Comment

I do have to love our local guys. As they were leaving one of them suggested we put it where it was not easily seen and wouldn't catch anything else on fire. I thought he was joking but after they left, I noticed smoke coming out of a wiring loom.....
              The bad part is they had been adding just water to the radiator to make it home. Since it was supposed to get below freezing last night I thought I would plug it in so the water wouldn't freeze.
              Guess what started the fire!

Comment

Kept "thunkn" I could find a good place for this, and since the mid term elections are over, except for some counting, a bit of help being offered to iadave...

In case you are having a rough day, here's a stress management technique that has been recommended in all the latest psychological journals. The funny thing is that it really does work and will make you smile:

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the World.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so clear you can make out the face of the Democrat you are holding underwater.

See, it worked.

You're smiling

You feel better already.

Have a great day!!

Comment

Thanks for the help! I even have a Democrat in mind!

Comment

Just one?

Comment

Well....

Comment

I was right along with everything up to #7. I was imagining being 40 years younger and what was lying on the rock beside me. If you're gonna dream, just as well dream big, lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X