7520 low coolant temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7520 low coolant temp

My JD 7520 will not come up to operating temp.. Replaced thermostat and still runs cold.. Temp gauge stays down and no heat in cab after running for an hour. Any ideas what to check.

3 quick ones...1 your water level is low and doesn't reach the temp sensor or your heater hose exit, 2 the water pump is faulty [the impeller or pulley is spinning on the shaft], 3 a faulty [blown] head gasket.

Comment

Are you talking the old articulated 7520 made in the 1970s or the JD 7520 made after 2000????????

On the newer on, if it has one of those vicous fan clutches, it might just be runnin' at high speeds when it is not sposed to be. Locked on?

If it is the old articulated one with the fan running constantly at the same high speed- For cold weather after you have eliminated anything that will cause engine failure- just put the appropriate amount of garbage bag or canvas over the air intake screens on the sides so it gets just enough air flow for the job you are doing but not too much. I do this on a JD 40 series when I am plowing snow if I want the heater to warm much.

Now to save you time here is the guaranteed opinion of our Ag Web buddy ECI Ken-
      what is wrong with it is ---------------------------- it's green.
      How do you fix that problem?-------------------------------------------- Trade it.
      “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

LMAO...I have actually been waiting for someone to "ask" that question, but practically knew it would have to be a dyed in the wool IH or some "old codger" who
        knew JD's wonderful NEW and "earlier used" numbering system, kids at the counter go ape chit "stupid" after they open the NEW version and you, the old codger,
        get to tell them that's the wrong screen sonny!

thanks jabber for gettn'r done!

Comment

It's the newer later 7520. Wondered about the viscous fan. It turns free when engine off. How do you know when its defective?

Comment

Originally posted by Drun View Post
            It's the newer later 7520. Wondered about the viscous fan. It turns free when engine off. How do you know when its defective?
            Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm if it were me, I would have to ask a JD technician that I trust.

Tech told me to put one in the JD 8320 to improve cooling. It did the job. My symptoms were different but who knows, the viscous fan might be the problem????????
            Last edited by jabber1; 12-11-2017, 07:05 AM.
            “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by dennis1 View Post
              LMAO...I have actually been waiting for someone to "ask" that question, but practically knew it would have to be a dyed in the wool IH or some "old codger" who
              knew JD's wonderful NEW and "earlier used" numbering system, kids at the counter go ape chit "stupid" after they open the NEW version and you, the old codger,
              get to tell them that's the wrong screen sonny!

thanks jabber for gettn'r done!
              Yup, that older 7520 was for big rich farmers of that time. LOL. The family that had one in this area prolly farmed over 640 acres. There is some stuff on you tube with one in action. Yep, the operator is wearing ear protection.

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

I was in the J.D. store a few years back - younger - well much younger farmer came in and asked for a part for a 7520 - I said to him - dam - I haven't see one of them in years ! - He gave me the WTF look - The Parts guys were laughing there azz's off and one said Ken - Its not what you think it is - It's a newer tractor - but went back to the old numbers - Well chit fire - How was I to know - lol

Comment

Working...
                X