• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dennis1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iadave
    replied
    I know the feeling. Then after the big $$$ to get one $7.50 an acre planter parts and $20 an acre combine parts.

Leave a comment:

• GREG1
    replied
    UPDATE: 1790 planter.............this is the 6th season for this planter that I love dearly.....more problems, this time the air compressor goes out along with 3 sensors and downtime waiting on parts since the rebuild of the compressor failed for who knows why. I averaged 35 acres per day with a 16/32 planter this spring for the first 4 days of planting. I would have jumped on my JD 7000 but I was too busy running after parts etc for this super planter. I have lousy luck with new planters. My next one will be a used one. I priced a like kind planter this July and $119000 difference was the answer. Are you sitting down the salesman said to me. I paid $168000 for this planter in 2013. I have run over around 8800 acres, mostly conventional. They told me I would get a good trade in value for this unit when the time came. I'm not liking the trade value but I knew I wouldn't when the time came. The 1795 with electric and hydraulic down pressure is $198000 difference. Chit!! I'm out of the farming business I guess. No justification! A planter and a combine is over $600000. Forget it, I'm going to retire soon and this makes the decision easy for me.

Leave a comment:

• iadave
    replied
    And 32 gpm means that if you are on the phone means that 100 gal reservoir will just last until you figure out which circuit to shut of! LOL

Leave a comment:

• jabber1
    replied
    Originally posted by GREG1 View Post
    I've had an interesting spring of breakdowns, nothing too major, just aggravating to say the least. My JD 1790 has run flawless this year until I pulled into the driveway at home. Just finished replanting soybeans and was in the process of unfolding the planter. I was looking back over my right shoulder when a banging on the cab door startled me. My man was waving his arms frantically and I was bewildered and stunned for a second or two on wtf was going on. He pointed towards the back of the left side of the planter and I observed NIAGRA FALLS, or at least it looked like it. A pool of hydraulic fluid was already on the ground and I was looking for some lever or button to push in my stunned state. I reached for the key and shut the tractor off and got out still shaking from all the excitement. The ribbed seed delivery hose from the CCC had rubbed a hole through one of the hydraulic hoses hooked to the left hydraulic motor that runs the seed population. That ribbed hose showed absolutely no wear at all anywhere, but the hydraulic hose was wore down to the metal and the return hose was was starting to wear too. I put a inner tube around the new hydraulic line and was hoping that might help down the road. We shall see.

The damn new planters are set up by idiots. They have given no thought on the routing of hoses and liquid lines and hydraulic lines. This planter is a nightmare of hoses. I've spent a chitload of time rerouting, reinforcing, oh what the hell, the damn thing is a poor engineered nightmare in some ways. I like the fvcking thing but I could spend hours redirecting hoses and lines and still have issues. Those things have to flex when folding or when planting uneven ground ( which I had plenty of this year) .

Bottom line: If anybody has one of these mf I would suggest you check those hydraulic lines for wear. I lost 8 gallon of hydraulic fluid in less than 5 to 10 seconds. Unbelievable pressure from these beasts.
    Yep and the bad part is that those planters usually have 4 circuits that are continuously pumping oil as you plant.
    The CCS blower needs continuous hydraulic pumping..
    The left and right vacuum motor need continuous hydraulic pumping.
    The Variable Rate Drive needs continuous hydraulic pumping.
    Wouldn't take long to empty a tractor

Leave a comment:

• flyingRoot
    replied
    My tractor only hold 6 gallons

Leave a comment:

• GREG1
    started a topic Jd 1790

Jd 1790

I've had an interesting spring of breakdowns, nothing too major, just aggravating to say the least. My JD 1790 has run flawless this year until I pulled into the driveway at home. Just finished replanting soybeans and was in the process of unfolding the planter. I was looking back over my right shoulder when a banging on the cab door startled me. My man was waving his arms frantically and I was bewildered and stunned for a second or two on wtf was going on. He pointed towards the back of the left side of the planter and I observed NIAGRA FALLS, or at least it looked like it. A pool of hydraulic fluid was already on the ground and I was looking for some lever or button to push in my stunned state. I reached for the key and shut the tractor off and got out still shaking from all the excitement. The ribbed seed delivery hose from the CCC had rubbed a hole through one of the hydraulic hoses hooked to the left hydraulic motor that runs the seed population. That ribbed hose showed absolutely no wear at all anywhere, but the hydraulic hose was wore down to the metal and the return hose was was starting to wear too. I put a inner tube around the new hydraulic line and was hoping that might help down the road. We shall see.

The damn new planters are set up by idiots. They have given no thought on the routing of hoses and liquid lines and hydraulic lines. This planter is a nightmare of hoses. I've spent a chitload of time rerouting, reinforcing, oh what the hell, the damn thing is a poor engineered nightmare in some ways. I like the fvcking thing but I could spend hours redirecting hoses and lines and still have issues. Those things have to flex when folding or when planting uneven ground ( which I had plenty of this year) .

Bottom line: If anybody has one of these mf I would suggest you check those hydraulic lines for wear. I lost 8 gallon of hydraulic fluid in less than 5 to 10 seconds. Unbelievable pressure from these beasts.
Working...
X