No announcement yet.

Duke, and other sunflower producers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke, and other sunflower producers...

I'm NOT a salesperson, but saw this and thought about some of my own experiences..
    even with soybeans and milo, DUST that gets hot...

http://www.dakotafarmer.com/equipmen...combine-fires?

every farmer needs to grow sun flowers one time in their life time its just a little worse than milo------------------------------dave

Comment

Speaking of sunflowers - there is a semi on is side and caught fire on 70 - near down town Indy - it was carrying sunflower seed - in Big bags - Duke - have you got your seed yet ?

Comment

Yes, we have our seed. we've got 110 acres inthe ground.and wanted to plant thee rest but all it wants to do now is rain. Syngenta sold there sunflower division to Crop Lan. our seed comes out of North Da kota

Comment

I finally quit raising sunflowers, tired of fighting it all.....

Comment

I helped my buddy raise 60 acres of them one year supposedly for seed back in the late 70's. When you have the only sunflower field within 300 miles of the next closet field, all the black birds from 400 miles away fly in, and fly away with it.

Comment

LMAO, so did you/he have to have them sprayed for head moth or clippers? First ones around here were fantastic and NO extra spraying, then the bugs learned about what was
              being planted.....

Comment

Planted 220 acres this year. was going to be 300 but the rain changed all that.
                Our Sunflower Festival is going to be hopefully the last weekend in July, but could be first week of Aug. hard to tell when they will start to bloom will post date when blossoming get closer
                everyone is welcome to come A two day event Sat and Sun. you can check out last years event on our facebook page Bergsbaken Farms or web page. lots of pics from last year

Comment

Originally posted by The Duke View Post
                  Planted 220 acres this year. was going to be 300 but the rain changed all that.
                  Our Sunflower Festival is going to be hopefully the last weekend in July, but could be first week of Aug. hard to tell when they will start to bloom will post date when blossoming get closer
                  everyone is welcome to come A two day event Sat and Sun. you can check out last years event on our facebook page Bergsbaken Farms or web page. lots of pics from last year

We went and gave Duke a small helping hand last year . We were probably more interference than help , but anyway ,,,,, We had an absolute GREAT time . Duke and his family are some of the funnest , best , hardest working , and hardest playing people you will ever meet .
                  We know how great last years sunflower festival was , and all the fun everyone had . I'm betting this years will be way ,WAAAY , better still . If you can make it , don't miss the chance to meet some great people , good farmers , and have a good time .

Comment

Thanks Dan for the kind words and to Don in the post below. It took all 22 people to make it happen last year. A bid thanks to Dan and Teressa, Dave and Sue. the help was much appricated
                    I will post the date when the time gets closer.

Comment

Working...
                    X