How hungry are machinery dealers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hungry are machinery dealers?

I had a dealer send me a quote the other day. He called for a follow up visit today. He was really trying to "take care of me". The sad part of it I had called them in 2011 to buy a fertilizer cart!
    I told him he was about 5 years to late getting back to me. He was still putting the pressure on like I had just called him last week. I could not get it through his head I needed one 5 years ago, not this year!
    On the other hand I called another dealer on an item about 2 weeks ago. I called him back today and he had not even bothered to look at my trade. In fact I think he had forgot all about me. We will see if he calls me back tomorrow when he has more time...

still a lot of trading on ID the Auction prices are still firm on most stuff but it can change quick lets see how the Bankers handle 17 operating loans what they think the prices will be Back in the 80s I saw a lot of New equipment hit the auction block in other words dealers with equipment coming due and no sales its a fringe edge right now --------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

Ran into one of the local JD salesman the other day and he commented he was surprised at the end of year sales they've been making. Tax purposes of course but by the looks of their advertised prices, things aren't a lot cheaper. That might be a different story when you get down to brass tacks, I don't know. Don't need to do any machinery shopping for taxes purposes on this farm, lol.

Comment

From what I've heard machinery prices are supposedly pretty firm around here.

Steffes annual December auction at their Litchfield, MN location is in a couple days. It will be interesting to see what stuff sells for at the annual event. We do the motor vehicle title transfer work for them...I sure hope there are a whole bunch of titled vehicles on the sale.

No machinery deductions needed here this year either. I spent what little money was left from the farm after almost all the farm bills were paid on cement, and yellow parking lot lines no one pays attention too. Oh well, at least I can deduct the yellow lines.

Comment

Originally posted by 82 View Post
          From what I've heard machinery prices are supposedly pretty firm around here.

Steffes annual December auction at their Litchfield, MN location is in a couple days. It will be interesting to see what stuff sells for at the annual event. We do the motor vehicle title transfer work for them...I sure hope there are a whole bunch of titled vehicles on the sale.

No machinery deductions needed here this year either. I spent what little money was left from the farm after almost all the farm bills were paid on cement, and yellow parking lot lines no one pays attention too. Oh well, at least I can deduct the yellow lines.
          With the ice here, those stripes would be worthless. If they were visible, unless you have a bumper with them, they aren't gonna stop a car.

Here we have had a glaze of ice since Saturday. No school the last 2 days in our 360 square mile school district. Sidewalks, some city streets, and all township roads that do not get salt have been suitable for ice skaters not for cars. Warming a bit this PM should get rid of the ice this week.
          “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

Comment

I wonder how many are going to maximize deductions this year hoping the tax rate is lower next?

Comment

Bumpers? I bought 10 precast curbs at $41.00 per piece. That was money wasted.

I bought a couple gallons of "environmentally friendly" de icing agent from Menards for $9.99 gallon. It is supposed to more cement friendly than salt. Got to the office with the stuff, read the label...it's calcium chloride...tire fluid.

I've got a bunch of 55 gallon plastic drums full of calcium chloride from back in the day when we were pumping the stuff in and out of the big tractor tires for spring and fall work.

It sure is nice to have finally found an environmentally friendly use for what I was told is hazardous waste.

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or EPA will be having you building a dike around your storage area...only it isn't funny, someone might have missed the note..

Comment

82 we always use calcium cloride in the tractors. PIA stuff to deal with we just left it in. Made finding holes easier.
                  Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

Ya , us too . It also made for the need to replace a few rims when they rusted out from the small pin holes we didn't notice right away .

Had a neighbor who bought a tractor from way south . Up Nort everyone used calcium chloride , no question . Never gave it a thought the tires just had water in them for weight . He put new tires on it in the spring after they froze solid in the tool shed over winter .

Comment

dan11, LMAO...same thing happened to a classmate's husband last year, he has always been one who might think himself nearly perfect, so I thought it was very funny
                      when his tires froze...well, after all, he is retired, a US government "worker" since the first semester in college...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by iadave View Post
                        I had a dealer send me a quote the other day. He called for a follow up visit today. He was really trying to "take care of me".
                        On the other hand I called another dealer on an item about 2 weeks ago. I called him back today and he had not even bothered to look at my trade. In fact I think he had forgot all about me. We will see if he calls me back tomorrow when he has more time...
                        The point is why not to let the one who's willing to "take care of you" do it? Instead of calling the one who doesn't care about one's clients (apparently such attitude may apply to the machinery as well, which results in its poor condition...). Just saying .
                        Anyways, there are plenty of other options to try: http://www.truck1.eu/agricultural-machinery

Comment

The problem with the guy who was trying to "take care of me" was he was returning a call I made 5 years ago! LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X