Just a remionder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a remionder

I was going down the road today with my auger. Just about the time I remembered I had forgot the put the safety chain on the swing hopper I heard some nasty noises.
    I was pretty lucky. The pin in the pulley broke. I had a bolt that I could use in its place and I found enough of the rest of it to lift the hopper up. Also no one came by while the road was blocked, except for Scott. Scott actually wasn't going by but went out of his way to make sure I got it together!
    Thanks if you are reading this!
    Only took a little over an hour to get it good enough to use.

The PTO type shafts from the flex head to the feeder house have become increasingly difficult to get off...and on...just a little lubrication has built
    up with dirt on the inside of the release coupler to the point the 3 balls did NOT fully go free....remove snap ring, a lot of cleaning and they work good as new. Maybe everyone
    else knew about this...Fog early, then drizzle, now temperature is settling, forecast for scattered frost by morning...Nort wind 19mph behind the windbreak...Hill City 33mph, we are
    now 8؛F lower than at 6am...52؛F...t shirt and shorts NOT enough today!

Comment

Originally posted by dennis1 View Post
      The PTO type shafts from the flex head to the feeder house have become increasingly difficult to get off...and on...just a little lubrication has built
      up with dirt on the inside of the release coupler to the point the 3 balls did NOT fully go free....remove snap ring, a lot of cleaning and they work good as new. Maybe everyone
      else knew about this...Fog early, then drizzle, now temperature is settling, forecast for scattered frost by morning...Nort wind 19mph behind the windbreak...Hill City 33mph, we are
      Puzzie

Comment

Make sure you take them apart in tall grass.

Then when the 3 balls fall out you can't find them.

Then you can buy the whole coupler instead of just the 3 balls.

I rented a roofers magnet but was SOL.

Another tax deduction.

Comment

If I had a fire on the combine it's out now on the road going home at 20 mph with a windshield that faces down wipers still didn't keep up
          Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

Originally posted by natty View Post
            Make sure you take them apart in tall grass.

Then when the 3 balls fall out you can't find them.

Then you can buy the whole coupler instead of just the 3 balls.

I rented a roofers magnet but was SOL.

Another tax deduction.
            There has to be an old ball bearing laying around with the same sized balls....even in Misery

Comment

Originally posted by dairyfarmmn View Post
              Puzzie
              There is frost on the cover of Marilyn's grill this morning...

Comment

Comment

There is frost on the cover of Marilyn's grill this morning...

To much information !!
                  That sounds like a personal problem for Dennis to take care of . LOL

Comment

I have heard of frigid women but that sounds a little extreme.

Comment

LMAO...teaching the Trump way! Wonder what happened to the p u s s y cat that likes the grease drippings from the grill? (that could be mis-leading too!)

Comment

Working...
                      X