One ahead of Dennis! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One ahead of Dennis! LOL

Ok all you air conditioning gurus here is my deal. A truck came in the other night with a hole in the high pressure AC line going from the compressor to the condenser. I installed the line but didn't have a vacuum pump to suck it down. I just filled it back up with 134. probably lacked 1/2 can of adding what the system is supposed to hold. There was Freon still dripping out of the lines plus about 20 psi on the low side when I put the gauges on after the new line so figured it was probably full.
    Well the truck came back in and the AC works but not super cold. It never did work like I thought it should though.
    My questions are: What damage can be done if I do not evacuate the system and start over?
    Should I add another 1/2 can and send it back out? The truck has to leave again mid morning.

When ever I've had those issues, been told needs to be vacced out wyen ever lines are changed, but then they try to sell me a new system every time too.
    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

I have gotten to the point that if it takes much more than a recharge I have them replace all lines. If a compressor goes down I don't want it cleaned. I want all new. In the end it is cheaper to put a complete system on every5 or 6 years than to keep fixing every 6 months or a year.
      The only reason I worked on this one is I was not informed of a problem in time to have it fixed at a shop! I had them put in a complete system around 8 years ago on this truck. The only reason we had trouble now is when the mechanic fixed another issue the high pressure line was pushed against something.

Comment

Dave , did you change the dryer ? I've been told , anytime you open up or work on the AC you should change the dryer .Last year , had to change the compressor on a tractor . Was unable to get the dryer right away so I just recharged it thinking it would be OK . It wasn't . It would barely cool .Evacuated the system , Changed the dryer , refilled the system and it would freeze you out . The dryer must have been partially plugged .

Comment

I don't understand the problem... your AC isn't working... so you injured your arm and can't use the hand crank for the window or the power windows aren't working????????
          [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
          "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Comment

lmao dr - Sorry to hear about the guy hurting his arm iadave - sure hope it's not peniz elbow - - that not easy to get over !

Comment

The problem is that my arm is not long enough to roll the window down. The truck was in Chicago yesterday and I was in Iowa! LOL
              I ordered a vacuum pump yesterday so I will be able to do it right this weekend. I messed up and ordered from the local parts house. 3x higher than harbor freight! But If I have a question he knows the answer! Also if I need that piddly $3.00 part he probably has it and sells it to me with a smile, even though the paperwork to make the sale costs more than that.
              Last night a truck came in with AC trouble. The compressor locked up and broke the belt ( that runs everything) right in the shop! Talk about luck!

Comment

your problem could be several items line blowing why ? high head pressure maybe, dryer plugged maybe, bad pump maybe, expansion valve problem could be any I would fix the line change the dryer and expansion valve draw the system down put a oil charge in and fill too correct pressure you will need a cool unit here today already 80 at 5 this morning looking at 110 heat index by noon-------------------------------------------dave

Comment

You don't have go-go-gadget arms? You need to get on that, it'll solve that length issue!
                  [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
                  "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Comment

More heat!

Comment

Did you ever completely get over yours, ECI?

Comment

Can't win on the AC this year. I have fixed the AC on 2 trucks for the other guys this week. The one I drive was in the shop for the last 3 weeks so I told him to fix the AC before it left. It worked for a whole 26 miles! LOL Kind of sad that 3 out of 4 trucks on the road have the AC go out within a week! The frustrating part is the retired truck with no license we use to move trailers around the shop has wonderful AC!

Comment

free adds! lol

Comment

If these ads would just send me some cash I leave them at the top.
                            Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

That might be Farm Journal's thought(s)...

Comment

Working...
                              X