X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not what we have been hearing from greenies

https://www.feedstuffs.com/news/stud...995310a3548589

More positive, but even that report is misleading
    As most studies do, it glosses over the fact that water is recycled through the environment.

Comment

Seems like an unnecessary jab at ethanol with the consumption numbers. Especially since a chunk of those DDGS from the ethanol production make it back to the feed market. Especially in range pellets and mixed rations. I don't know why farmers see the need to pick fights within our own ranks. We're all in this thing together and we all need to make a little money along the way to keep it rolling.

Overall though good to see some realistic numbers come out in regard to cattle. If you believe what you see on social media you'd think cattle along were at fault for all the worlds woes.

Comment

Big oil is never going to embrace ethanol. There isn't a place I know of within 50 miles of here where you can buy e 85. I wish the industry could do something that would make it a little more available. I would drive some miles to be able to buy it and haul it home in my pickup fuel barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnyFarmer View Post
          Seems like an unnecessary jab at ethanol with the consumption numbers. Especially since a chunk of those DDGS from the ethanol production make it back to the feed market. Especially in range pellets and mixed rations. I don't know why farmers see the need to pick fights within our own ranks. We're all in this thing together and we all need to make a little money along the way to keep it rolling.

Overall though good to see some realistic numbers come out in regard to cattle. If you believe what you see on social media you'd think cattle along were at fault for all the worlds woes.

DDGs are tough to beat on supping grazing.

Heck you can Double Stock those pastures...And gains still go higher.

Just feed 5 then 6 lbs per head per day ... Start w 450 lb flyweights on grass in May...by Sept they'll weigh 1050 to 1150...that's heifers btw.

Comment

is that wet or dry

Comment

May 1'st to Sept 1'st is 120 days. 600lbs in 120 days is 5 lbs a day. Must be mighty good grass.

Comment

a lb of gain for every # of ddg fed must be some good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by steffy View Post
                  a lb of gain for every # of ddg fed must be some good stuff
                  if you have read wright mark before and some of his price prognostications,,,,,,, he also must be smoking some pretty good stuff... i would be aprehensive on pumping the chit out of ddg down lite calves...... the corn this year is testing really high in some mycotoxins over a large area of the country which are going to be in the ddg... our non drought stressed corn tested over 1200 for fumonisin, 1000ppm is considered high, we are feeding a binder down the sows and in the nursery, as we have seen reproductive and pregnancy issues in the sows.. cattle have higher tolerances but the ddgs are also more concentated.

Comment

250 lb pellets from local coop that can make their own pellet mixed with 5750 lb shell corn in steer stuffer alot easier than rounding up a ddg storage bin and finding a way to get mga and bovatec for the feeding heifers mixed correctly.
                    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

Working...
                    X