Shovels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shovels

The foreman for the county hwy dept. walked into the hardware store and asked for six shovels.
    The clerk said "You must be busy needing all them shovels?"
    The foreman replied "Yes and we broke our other six and we are down to one left"
    The clerk then asked "Wow that must be some project to break six shovels"
    The foreman replied again "No its just a small hole"
    "What in the world do you need six shovels for then" asked the amazed clerk
    The foreman told him "Well we got one guy digging and the rest of us have to have something to lean on."
    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

flyingRoot, it seems obvious from this 'joke' that you are just moderately conservative. A real conservative would have had at least double digit shovels.

Comment

If it was the state highway department, they would have been halting the project until the new ergonomically designed shovels could be ordered.

Comment

WAIT....can't dig until:

dig safe okays or marks underground lines...that they can detect.
        EPA...NO chance of erosion, drainage, blockage, pilings, debris being discharged and on and on..
        DWP&T...NO disturbance of any species that might become extinct because of future construction

oh fk, it was for a government agency!

Comment

Not to mention the houses a mile away would complain if heavy equipment was used before 10 am on account of noise pollution

Comment

Can't dig between 10 am and noon. Snack break.

Comment

Can't dig from noon to one... lunch break. Need to be done by 4 so they can return to the shop and to ease traffic congestion for rush hour. Need to go over the plans from 1-2. That leaves a solid 2 hours of work time in the middle of the afternoon... if it isn't raining or snowing or frozen.
              [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
              "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Comment

Oh and you need to have the hole checked for OSHA compliance because the OSHA person stopped by to see how the work site was complying. Gotta stop for a while...

Comment

I talked to our electrician the other day about a job coming up here and we got to talking about a bid he put in for a job at a state owned facility. They are installing an identical system there as he has done at two other farms.... to comply with the state specific rules and added junk they require makes the project cost over 4x what the project cost the other two farms for the same thing. This is nothing to do with the regulations... it has to do with bureaucrats spending other people's money requiring things for no good reason because they aren't accountable for making things cash flow... they just assign the things to it because they think it might be good... not because it is necessary or helpful... but because they don't need to pay for it and they aren't held accountable for keeping a project under a profitable budget. We are talking about asinine things like double conduiting lines... adding protective sheaths around the conduits (that is the conduit's job by the way... being the protection) and other junk like that.

Comment

Kind of like the construction job I was delivering to. It was a big job. 700 loads. We were delivering rebar to a beginning job. They had a safety lady that required fall protection, hard hats etc.
                    Other than the cab of the truck there was nothing higher than we were. We did not need to get up on the trucks so if we fell we were already on the ground. It finally got to the point we would untie our loads before they showed up for work. Then when she arrived I would get up on top of the load. While she was giving me the screaming fit, telling me she would get me fired etc., the other guys unloaded the trucks. I always wondered if she knew I didn't work for her company and that was the plan all along.

Comment

To tell the truth I can see maybe a hard hat and one of those orange vests(if they gave them to me) but fall protection from a truck
                      1. What do you attach to
                      2. Most devices have longer lanyards than the fall sorta like bungee jumping from a 100ft bridge with a 150ft bungee attached to your feet.

Comment

Now days there's often someone whose job it is to try to avoid lawsuits of millions of dollars against the government or a corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom farmer View Post
                          Now days there's often someone whose job it is to try to avoid lawsuits of millions of dollars against the government or a corporation.
                          ta-dahh....government AND unions

Comment

dennis, government and CORPORATIONS do not want lawsuits brought against them. Especially corporations. "Torte reform" was the republican mantra for several years, seeking to limit corporate liability for wrong-doing, carelessness, etc. About the only lawsuits unions have to deal with are those that seek to take away their power.

Comment

LMAO...then what about the teachers nea? The unions worry they won't get their revenue/dues when people wake up..

Comment

Working...
                              X