Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more on t tuggers..

http://www.the-farmer.com/dairy/mda-...96e0e2a3dd39bf

Highly doubt ****y tuggers (like myself) are going to take kindly to being preached to about getting scc or anything else for that matter with prices where they are. Most plants have cut the scc and other premiums drastically the last year or two. To those who voted for the malevolent and incompetent Trump - YOU deserve what you got. I see milk dropped another big step after the restart of trade wars. Good luck on your Trump Welfare checks he claims is on the way.You should be back in cream and honey in no time.

Comment

We're all dissatisfied with agriculture; grains are cheap, milk is cheaper, and grass is free, right? My dad said it 50 years ago, and its still true today, "the problem with the USA is that we can produce too much." When you live thousands of miles from an ocean, you are already at a disadvantage to export your product. Canada cut off you Middies only export via Grasslands last year...is that Trumps fault, too? Why aren't you culling dairy cattle heavier in Middieland? We HAVE to show our buyers that we will create a shortage in the near future, or they'll just buy hand to mouth. Are you still raising every heifer calf? Folks must be.

Comment

BTW ronny, EVEN the sand dwelling camel jocks figured out that if there was an oil shortage, THEY could raise their price...maybe dairy animal's meat should
        be marketed as non imported domestic ostrich meat. lol

Comment

Trump's incompetence and malevolence has been the cause of the last big plunge. Regular capitalism cycles were already causing lower prices.If you choose to pretend that the incompetence of the current President and crew has NOT caused lower prices then you deserve the extra kick in the azz. Like I said before "sticking your head in the sand because you voted for the incompetent fool only leaves your azz ready for a swift kick !" Even this pathological liar of a President knows he's screwing farmers with his foolish trade war. They admit it when they claim they are "not going to let farmers take the hit from their trade war. When has anyone EVER won in a trade war ? Who could be dumb enough to think this incompetent fool would be the first ? If you think this trade war ends well , tell us how you think this happens.The distortion to our ag markets is NOT going to be good. I would be curious how understanding Dennis and the other Republicans would be if Obama did the exact same thing in his term ? They would have chit themselves big time ! Any denial of that is a BIG FAT FVCK'N LIE ! To be crystal clear - Prices are a result of supplies AND demand. Trump is NOT the cause of the increased supply. Trump is certainly a BIG cause of LOWER demand !!

As to the lower cycle in ag commodities it is capitalism at work. There has been enormous expansion in our state (Wisc.) since the last down turn ended in 2008. There is NO monopoly so there will not be any use in being less productive. If FORD wants higher prices and therefore decides to produce half as many pick-ups - does prices go up ? NO ! The other producers all add second and third shifts to sell more pick-ups at current profitable prices. FORD just goes broke. In healthy capitalism the lower prices will eliminate the less efficient producers.Grass is nearly as cheap as it was 30 years ago and cows replace themselves so I am ready for the challenge. Half priced roughage , extremely low machinery, fuel and labor costs puts me in better position than most. Same land and barn that we bought 25 years ago . We just added a lot of labor saving technology like auto-take-off milkers and TMR mixer , conveyors and feed cart.

Many farmers have concentrated a lot of time and capital on increasing revenue. I have spent a lot of time and knowledge on increasing profits. Big difference. I'm ready.
          Last edited by RON11; 06-27-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

you're doing well ron. But don't break your shoulder patting yourself on the back. Chitt happens. It can happen to you and anybody else. your wishing ill on your neighbors is a little beneath your usual high standard posts.

I will agree that Trump is not helping farmers very much. Farm prices are cyclical as we both know. Guess we should realize that the down turn was instigated by the great black hope

Comment

As incompetent as our POTUS is, I am still very happy with my vote...and flippin ecstatic, it's not Hillery!!!

Comment

It used to be cheap grain made high cattle returns...sort of confusing for some, but for the fun of more trouble, enjoy this one:

https://www.agupdate.com/markets/mar...C979D4C360EDC5

Comment

Originally posted by Kinghere View Post
                  you're doing well ron. But don't break your shoulder patting yourself on the back. Chitt happens. It can happen to you and anybody else. your wishing ill on your neighbors is a little beneath your usual high standard posts.

I will agree that Trump is not helping farmers very much. Farm prices are cyclical as we both know. Guess we should realize that the down turn was instigated by the great black hope
                  I ain't "wishing ill will on my neighbors". Just making it clear that when your bad luck is brought about by something you did -then that is your fault. If you vote for someone who tells you he's gonna attack you customers and you still vote for him - then they get what they deserve. You voted for reducing you buyers at a time when you were building big surpluses. To whatch Trump voters say "Oh , it's because we have too much production only and that's not Trumps fault" I call B.S. Price you are paid is from supply AND demand. Yes supplies were going up. If you voted Trump , then YOU now have low demand from your trade war. If you want to be useful explain how this could "make america great again".

Don't tell me I should feel sorry for Trump voters. They wanted this market. They begged for it. You can't wake up on Monday morning with a crushing hangover and say it was the bar tenders fault.

Trying to claim it was Obama's fault is nuts. The markets didn't crash till 2 weeks ago - over 1 2/2 years after he was gone. As to IL RAFE whatever you claim was so bad about Mrs. Clinton has been proven to be lies (unless it was her Party affiliation or gender-either way it is a mark against YOU not her.

Comment

ronny, take off your blinders before posting next time...I can see a positive with a Trump move...NEVER could see past race card line in the sand with obummer..including the
                    health care package wrapped up so you had to PASS it before you knew what was in it kind'a like a turd inspection.

Comment

Ron, if you can't admit to how corrupt Hillary is, I pity you... Tell me, how any of the allegations against were proven false. If you are talking about Comey's sham of an email server investigation, I have a swamp in Arizona I'd like to sell you... Typical leftist, you've never met me, but now I'm a sexist... Next you'll be calling me a deplorable....

For an eye opener, please read Gregg Jarret's new book... The Russia Hoax; The illicit scheme to clear Hillary Clinton and frame Donald Trump

Comment

Working...
                      X