First freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First freeze

It's officially 28.5F this morning here and shows to have been below freezing for 2 1/2 hours already and it is 7 AM. Stick a fork in our crops now.

Pretty unusual for us but no freeze up here in our area of da U.P. yet . Been raining like crazy here today , wind blowing hard and 60 degrees right now . Temps are supposed to crash so I'll bet we have a hard frost soon . Wife went and cleaned out the garden yesterday . This is probably one of the latest seasons we've had for growing in many years .

Comment

They were predicting a freeze here last night but it didn't quite make it. Maybe some low places but no frost in the yard this morning.

Comment

Got it last night. 29 here this morning and frost all over things outside.

Comment

The water for the chickens was frozen about a half an inch this morning and
          Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

34 here right now . unless the clouds move in the growing season will probably be all over for us tonight .

Comment

37 now Snow swirling but melting. No frost in my yard [flowers still blooming]. Many other areas have frozen.

Tried chopping corn today. Corn is plenty dry where we were chopping. Ground is plenty wet. Driving is an adventure

Comment

Good Morning all in AgWeb land
                Its 2;30am amd I woke to a very cold house. seems my LP tank went dry. first frost and thats what happens.its been raining most of all last week. fields are very wet.
                beans would be ready to go if it only would dry up. flowers are to wet only thing geeting done is digging beets when it ain't raining . been bagging lots of corn ,sunflowers and beets.
                pumpkins are all sold out. started selling applesthis year, going pretty good
                well back to the recliner
                stay safe Leebert

Comment

a little Frost here hit 31 not bad ---------------------------dave

Comment

Duke, How in the heck can you make a living selling apples? I can't harvest them fast enough to make wages, let alone get paid for he rest of the stuff that needs done!

Comment

Working...
                    X