Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iadave
    replied
    Rumor had it they closed I 29 north of Omaha tonight at 7 pm.

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    [url]https://www.hayspost.com/2019/09/19/renewed-threats-of-flooding-as-missouri-river-rises/[/url]

one of these might work

Leave a comment:

• flyingRoot
    replied
    I'm think we're going to make beanstalk bales this year for bedding fearing the cornstalks wont be dry

Leave a comment:

• steffy
    replied
    sounds like there is alot of stalk and crown rot in corn this year.causes premature death and lodging ,breaking of stalks,guys should scout fields and prepare to harvest early if possible to minimize harvest losses.corn yields will probably have to be lowered again if this is as wide spread as some are saying

d

Leave a comment:

• flyingRoot
    replied
    We got away with it because we were done before the ban was announced. If they haven't made the rules how can you break them

Leave a comment:

• davidm479
    replied
    in the preset environment I would hat to be the one caught doing it heard of a guy doing it and unloading the beans at the granary end up having a bill for that particular bin that day THe way I understood it a neighbor tuned him in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go figure OH the bin was around 50'000 bu----------------------------------------------dave---------------------------------and besides you would give a JAP the shi tts
    Last edited by davidm479; 09-16-2019, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• flyingRoot
    replied
    My suggestion is cut them wet because we went through that 3 years ago we cut our flooded beans early right before FDA not USDA but food and drug people put a ban on taking crops that had been underwater in September to anyplace that made feed because of toxins in the water from molds that originate in septic plants in town. The could possibly do the same this time creating a nightmare claiming insurance.

Leave a comment:

• BarryJHealy
    replied
    Had a guest speaker from Platte in church yesterday...they farm west of there and have entire fields of beans with a foot of water on them.....

Leave a comment:

• steffy
    replied
    most of the state has had 300% of normal rainfall he last 30 days,harvest may have to wait for freeze up in many areas,does'nt look like Ma Nature is done with us yet! Had an email from a former poster on this site from mitchell area that lost 15,000 bu of beans when a bin broke after it was flooded.
    China lifted tarrifs on pork and beans thur ,main reason for the big rally for both commods

Leave a comment:

• davidm479
    replied

Record-Level Big Sioux River Rages in South Dakota
    ----------------------------MANNNNNN finly it can post PICTURES--------------------------------------DAVE -------------------------------------THIS LOOKS LIKE HOME LAST SPRING

Several rivers in South Dakota reached “all-time high” water levels on Friday, September 13, after heavy rainfall in the region, the National Weather Service (NWS) said ([url]https://twitter.com/NWSSiouxFalls/status/1172554104276570112[/url]).
    The NWS said ([url]https://twitter.com/NWSSiouxFalls/status/1172533262020775938[/url]) on Friday that rainfall near Sioux Falls ranged from five to 12 inches over the course of two days.
    A section of the Big Sioux River near Egan, South Dakota, rose three feet higher than its previous record, which was set in April, the NWS said ([url]https://twitter.com/NWSSiouxFalls/status/1172554104276570112/photo/1[/url]) on Friday. The Big Sioux River below Dell Rapids, South Dakota, rose to a level 0.2 feet above its previous record, which was set in 1969.
    Multiple other creeks and bodies of waters surpassed previous water-level records.
    Sioux Falls was recovering from three tornadoes that hit the area on September 10, damaging buildings ([url]https://newswire.storyful.com/storylines/*/stories/225397[/url]) and injuring at least nine people. Citing officials, local media said residents were now preparing for potential flooding.
    Law enforcement told local media ([url]https://twitter.com/Argus911/status/1172175275695792130[/url]) that deputies were closing roads in anticipation of the Big Sioux River and Skunk Creek rising further over the weekend. Credit: Justin Frantzen via Storyful

Last edited by davidm479; 09-14-2019, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flyingRoot
    replied
    Dumped 2inches from overnight this morning as I left the house , dumped 3 1/2 inches when I got back to the house this afternoon and it is raining again. The river might rise if this keeps up

Leave a comment:

• steffy
    replied
    almost a foot of rain can't be good esp for beans,best of luck to you.the eastern 1/3 of SD,a big chunck of sw mn has had alot of rain the last week how they get crops harvested not to mention some beans will be lost due to flooding is beyound me.,the farmers in that part of the world have been hard hit this year hope thing straighten out soon,yields will be lowered eventually,doubt USDA will change much today even tho this time they are doing field survey.

Leave a comment:

• MinnyFarmer
    replied
    Originally posted by choreboy View Post
    Not sure if its the fat lady is humming, or the rumble of thunder approaching. We had 1.7 inches yesterday, and the forecast is for areas of southern , southwest MN to receive
    three, up to five inches of rain, in some areas, in the next few days. Its going to be a long fall. Sugar beet harvest is supposed to begin in a few days, and the
    farmers trying to bale up prevented plant acres will be at a standstill.
    I'm in Cottonwood county in SW MN and we had 3-4 Inches on Wednesday night along with that wonderful wind (at least we didn't get the tornado's that Sioux Falls got) and then last night my rain gauge topped out at 6" with the news saying we got 7-8". The water was over my driveway at some point last night so i'll have to get a load of gravel in to fill in all those potholes now.

Leave a comment:

• choreboy
    replied
    Not sure if its the fat lady is humming, or the rumble of thunder approaching. We had 1.7 inches yesterday, and the forecast is for areas of southern , southwest MN to receive
    three, up to five inches of rain, in some areas, in the next few days. Its going to be a long fall. Sugar beet harvest is supposed to begin in a few days, and the
    farmers trying to bale up prevented plant acres will be at a standstill.

Leave a comment:

• steffy
    replied
    also read on blog a grower in s ill also reports poor silage yields 1/2 of what they were last year also good dirt and apr planted corn said corn looked good from the road had good fertility but alot of barren stalks and spindly plants once you got into the field

Leave a comment:

Working...
X