No announcement yet.

2019 crop year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its not right no way it can be right all he is doing is buying VOTES I would like to see some one DISPUTE that--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

• Buy votes when the ag sector consists of LESS than 3% of the total votes(nationally) ???

Of course, when CRP acres was allowed for livestock forage production, one sector of ag was upset because they had more supply than demand...

meanwhile the bird hunters bit ched about the destroyed environment after grazing or forage production... (I could care less about those belly achers, until they pay taxes on the
      said property, it may be rented by the USDA, but the final say is still the owner!)

Comment

• sorryDennis I planted my first crop in 1970 worked many a GOV PROGRAM double dipping is double dipping its not right and we know it am I going to take part in it you bet I would be a fool not too if I can make money selling hay on PP groung I will buy the seed and fertilizer and gladly do it but its still not Right---------------------dave--------------------------rember pick and role
        Last edited by davidm479; 07-07-2019, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• tisssssss time for this now----------------------------------------------------dave-------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center are monitoring an area disturbed weather that will move into the warm water of the Gulf of Mexico near Florida later this week. It now has a 50 percent chance of developing into a tropical system, and if it becomes a storm it would be named Tropical Storm Barry.
          In its 2 p.m. advisory, the hurricane center said Sunday, “A trough of low pressure over the southeastern United States is forecast to move southward toward the northeastern Gulf of Mexico, where a broad low pressure area will likely form in a few days. Thereafter, upper-level winds support gradual development, and a tropical depression could form late week while the low meanders near the northeastern Gulf of Mexico coast through Friday.”
          Last edited by davidm479; 07-07-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• LOL...been working on the combine most of the day, so ready to give some thought to this...

I didn't agree or disagree that double dipping was wrong...I disagreed that it would by votes...

remember the saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth?

Now to that Hurrican Barry...LMAO, is it possible to be similar to the Barry 0 that left office a couple years ago?

Comment

• you still got that old 88 good old machine but I bet she is starting to get short in the teeth plenty of extra parts around and will get the job done as for Barry he could be a hummmmmmmmmmmm digger for the south east quadrant -------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

• Yes, it's part of the family...the stripper head is attached and NOW still waiting on favorable weather...wind came up pre noon today, then a shower...one of the neighbors
                who has been trying for a week called last night wondering if we got started, no, humidity was coming up and we were ready to call it a day....when we thought it was ready to
                go to the field, another was cutting, after attempting to my knowledge, 6 individual fields and has finished 2, must not be quite ready, they are hauling to their own bins, air fans
                running, Of course if I was paying the interest they are I would be nervous and jumpy too. btdt

Comment

• something interesting this evening:

2019 crop year
                  03-25-2019, 06:13 PM

its started we were able to miss all the flooding rains last night and the ground was warm and dry enough the Corn planters are rolling here the 19 crop has started here we go -----------------------------------------dave

and just like a school yard bully, this report..

[]One product issued by NWS for: 9 Miles W Stockton KS [/FONT]
                  Hazardous Weather Outlook...CORRECTED National Weather Service Hastings NE 350 PM CDT Tue Jul 9 2019 KSZ005>007-017>019-NEZ039>041-046>049-060>064-072>077-082>087- 101200- Phillips-Smith-Jewell-Rooks-Osborne-Mitchell-Valley-Greeley-Nance- Sherman-Howard-Merrick-Polk-Dawson-Buffalo-Hall-Hamilton-York- Gosper-Phelps-Kearney-Adams-Clay-Fillmore-Furnas-Harlan-Franklin- Webster-Nuckolls-Thayer- 350 PM CDT Tue Jul 9 2019 This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for south central Nebraska and portions of north central Kansas. .DAY ONE...Tonight. Significant flooding is ongoing for much of south central Nebraska west of Highway 281. Please see individual flood statements for additional, more specific information. Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible tonight, mainly after 10pm, for mainly the Nebraska portion of the outlook area. Large hail up to quarter size is the main concern. Also, brief heavy downpours on already saturated ground may briefly worsen ongoing flooding for areas west of Highway 281. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect tonight. Please see the Watch statement for more information. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday. Significant flooding will likely continue for the next several days due to runoff from recent heavy rain, particularly along the Wood River, Platte River and Republican River in south central Nebraska. Please see individual flood statements for additional, more specific information. Thunderstorms may continue into Wednesday morning, mainly for north central Kansas. Periodic thunderstorms are possible Friday night through Saturday night, but it is too soon to determine severe thunderstorm potential. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... Spotter activation may be needed tonight. Any reports of ongoing flooding or rainfall amounts in excess of three inches are greatly appreciated. && More information may be obtained at the following web page: [url]https://www.weather.gov/hastings[/url]

I dun'no Dave, I edited as best I could, but everything will be heading your way from last night, it must be those Nebraska Huskers, watching radar about 1:30am this morning, from Holdridge to Grand Island stayed between red and yellow for a long time...
                  Last edited by dennis1; 07-09-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• that's a lot better still have a ways to go though --that 88 on a Stripper should work good we have one and boy what a learning curve speed is the deal get get get I have cut a full hopper in 15 minutes with owers you can not keep enough trucks with good wheat

Comment

• A NEW PROBLEM or may be a OLD PROBLEM has arose in ower area on flooded ground I guess it has to do where and wich way your land set to the running river water and how swift it was SALT a grower to my west had gotten his land cleaned up after the flood replanted his beans sprayed them again and then nothing they will not grow going on three week old beans and they are a inch tall he pulled a soil sample and sent it off well it came back today saying he had 12% salt in the sample the way I read it he SOL it will take 6 to maybe even 10 ton of lime to get this land to produce a lot of these farmers can not come up with kind of cash on that kind of scale my thinking is they will be forced to quit stay tuned this on going train wreck has just started I AM PULLING samples on my ground this week for a look see in the past a River flood would build your ground up what the heck where did this salt come from ? I bet I can guess--------------------------------dave

Comment

• sure wish more people would get back on site and post more about conditions and planted acres in their area,what once was a site full of good info is woefully lacking anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by davidm479 View Post
                          A NEW PROBLEM or may be a OLD PROBLEM has arose in ower area on flooded ground I guess it has to do where and wich way your land set to the running river water and how swift it was SALT a grower to my west had gotten his land cleaned up after the flood replanted his beans sprayed them again and then nothing they will not grow going on three week old beans and they are a inch tall he pulled a soil sample and sent it off well it came back today saying he had 12% salt in the sample the way I read it he SOL it will take 6 to maybe even 10 ton of lime to get this land to produce a lot of these farmers can not come up with kind of cash on that kind of scale my thinking is they will be forced to quit stay tuned this on going train wreck has just started I AM PULLING samples on my ground this week for a look see in the past a River flood would build your ground up what the heck where did this salt come from ? I bet I can guess--------------------------------dave
                          Dave, since I live 3 times zones away, do you have a salt mine upstream of you? Even though you had catastrophic flooding, [and you have my complete sympathy] to get that high a % salt you couldn't blame fertilizer alone. Guess you'll have to do what my relatives did in the Dutch polders, plant oats.

d

Comment

• Well, around SE MN beans mostly look better than one might imagine with all the rain, but they are very small. Most corn looks good,but quite a few fields have short yellow areas and streaks. I've seen some fields of very small corn, mostly dairy farmers, but one non-dairy guy has a lot of very small corn. I'm guessing he took 85% crop insurance and thought that would work out and also thinking about Trump welfare. My corn looks good except for 4 or 5 % of zero population. I'm 70 years old and this is the wettest spring/early summer that I've ever seen. BTW, Canadian scientists from Edmonton looked at over 100,000 precipitation records from around the world since 1964. They noticed that there were more catastrophic rain events every decade. A 1 degree centigrade rise in temperature allows the atmosphere to hold 7% more water.

Comment

• Well here we just had another ground pounder. Only 6 tenths rain but 60-70mph winds. Lots of limbs down. Few corn fields I saw were really leaning. Don't know if it broke any off. On generator now. Power went out about 6 am. Situation here seems good for what 479 and other places are experiencing. But figured in my county there are alot of acres, several thousand I would guess, still under water from the lake north 10 miles. Around here about every field has from minimal to substantial drowned out spots which will amount to plenty of acres if totaled up. Not counting those spots, the rest of the early planted corn looks pretty decent and is tasseling. Stuff like mine planted a little later is variable in height. Beans look decent enough but all are later planted to one degree or another. 15 inch. haven't canopied yet. Can't get wheat harvest finished. 2 days left. 2 early planted fields were good. One later planted field that I did get harvested was below crop insurance guarantee. Don't expect rest to be any better. Would complain but realize we aren't near as bad as a lot of places not far away.

Comment

• what a day we hit 110 heat index at 10 this morning at 11.30 it was 76 A ground pounder ensued we had a Frontal passage in July unheard of it just KEEPS coming of look at the the hurricane coming
                                projections are its right over me -----------------------------------------------dave

Comment

Working...
                                X