2019 crop year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning
    we are 200 ac over half done. Dale and Jason hauled corn yesterday and I did some fixin. hope to get some corn in today

Comment

Going to try to disc today . Since we can't plant corn , will see if we can't plant a tractor .
      Yesterday made 2 weeks since my first corn was planted . Still can't find any poking thru yet . The last few days it has started to warm up some but prior to this we could barely get out of the 50s and 30s at night . Its time for a weather change , nation wide .

Comment

While our prayers go out to so many of you farmers with rain, wind, twisters, and cold, PLEASE Dan, don't ask for change all over, cuz we are close to perfect! Our last 60 acres of corn goes in today, quite a bit of 2nd cutting silage is finished, while we 'bask' in temps in the low 70's. I did hear a price for new crop alfalfa hay, delivered from the desert, Eastern Wash., $275/ton. no money to be made feeding that in your blend, along with rising corn prices.

Comment

at present time we are 22 feet under and bean cut off date is june 10 I beleve we are done for the year oh well try again next year hope mom ma does not run me off ---------------------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

smithfield buys corn from brazil thru ADM,shipped into east coast,probably why corn broke hard off it's highs,figured this would happen sooner or later

Comment

I just hate planting soybeans. Its the worst part of farming. Yesterday, the forecast was for maybe a tenth of an inch of rain, so we stuck in a couple hundred acres. Depending on the moisture below, we planted from an inch to an inch and one half deep. Well, guess what. The tenth of rain turned out to be one and one quarter to two inches, where we are at. Some areas north and south of us got double that amount. Hard, packing rain along with hail. I guess we will see how much viger that " the best" seed really has.
              Took a trip last sunday nite to retrieve flowers from a couple cemeteries, and couldn't believe the amount of on worked fields west of me. Sometimes, zero acres in a section. Also, a lot of blank spots in the emerged corn, especially on sidehills. To cold, and I'm wondering if there was frost still coming out when the corn was planted. I even saw a couple spots where I suspect frost in the ground where we are planting soybeans. I guess I am still thankful I don't have floodwaters up to the ceiling in my house. My hearts go out to those people.

Comment

Its hard to believe the huge amount of acres that are unplanted and might remain prevent planted.

Like others we are still plan ting corn. Many holsteins are hungry and need to eat. [a lot] But yields will be much lower. But we are not flooded like Dave wow Its hard to imagine the damages you are getting. Everything you spent a lifetime building is washed away or destroyed We are lucky [so far] just living the dream and getting poorer.Higher grain prices are not going to help Wisconsin dairy farmers. We will need to buy higher priced corn and meal but milk prices remain low.

As my farm is rented I'm just a farm helper but I'm worried about the future of farming. WEhen China owns the pork producing company, they can give the finger to Trump right from his front lawn

Comment

passage of the disaster bill provides 3 billion for 2018 and 19 crop losses including pp .a producer may be eligible for up to 90% of their losses instead of the 55% now.,because of the hugh amount of PP this year it would most likely have to be prorated over all the acres but may provide another 50-$75/ac

Comment

King the cards just fell in the right places this year we Had a levy to protect us my grandpa help build and design back in the 40s did its job this year was just unbelievable ---1000 year flood -----22 foot over breeched ower levy by 3 foot --wipeout-- now we have a big bole holding water CORE says 120 to 160 days to drain in that case next Wheat crop will not happen OH WELL Trump will need votes he will through money I hope this way if they increase PP to 80% instead of 55% that will help a bunch ?----------------------------------dave

Comment

talked to a custom cutter in tx yesterday says wheat is ready to cut ,5 inches past week more forcast wheat is still standing but starting to turn black,water standing everywhere,wheat looked good real good potential but test wt and protein dropping every day,have to feel for those guys to a good crop and now can't get it,all of tx.ok and ks looked like they are getting it again

Comment

,5 inches past week more forcast wheat is still standing but starting to turn black-----------------------,some of the correct words to be concerned with Stef----now multiply that by 10 or even 20 now you have a big problem DIESESEE a few fields north of Fort Smith made it past the high floods and now all hel l breaks out one man cut a load and took it the grainy only TO HAVE IT REJECTED real high in Vixen TOLD HIM to have it checked before truck come back o primes it could infect whole place ----------------------------------------------dave

Comment

Early planted wheat here looked pretty good all along but the closer to ripe it gets, the worse it looks. Haven't walked out in it but can't tell if it just isn't ripening even or some of it has died. I screwed up on my late planted. Instead of spraying 28% with some fineese I used dry. Didn't want to chance burning that little stuff. With all the rain, never went back with the sprayer and fineese. Now the mares tail is really showing up on a couple of the patches. One late planted farm is on a north facing slope. When I fertilized it thought it looked the worst, was thin. Now it looks about as good as any I've got. Don't know if because of the slope, the water could run off or what. Probably be started on the early stuff in another 10 days. Provided we're done planting. Forget putting up brome for now. That job should have already been done. It will be July now.

Comment

Finally finished planting and spraying the last patch of milo yesterday. Got delayed by 7 tenths 3 days ago or whenever that was, but missed the chances since then. Planted through some pretty wet spots, don't know if that'll make it or not. Going down on the river today to plant milo into the drowned out spots of corn. Might be a waste of time but can't stand looking at those bare spots. Then got one field of beans I think I'll patch in a few places and call it good. Has this been the planting season from hell or what.

Comment

I think we're done too. after 2.5in rain the last couple days there's water standing everywhere. corn thats not getting planted and a few spots of beans. its way to late for corn

Comment

Most crops planted around here or just left PP

Early planted corn looks better than expected. Beans as well. Surprising since everything was worked too wet and planted before extended cold wet weeks.

Hay is being cut. Very few good fields. Grass, dandelions white clover and other weeds

Even though the season is late some late silage corn will get planted in many poor hay fields. Just a crap shoot if it will work out

Comment

Working...
                                X