No announcement yet.

2019 crop year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And here all along Duke has been telling us he just throws his hose over his shoulder and has it with him all the time . LOL

Comment

• With it NOT being full winter, he just didn't have enough "steam" built up this early in the season...

Comment

• Plugging along with a few delays, minor breakdowns, lines at elevators, BUT we finished Fall harvest this afternoon...neighbor offered to help last night, I drive for him during the winter,
        so told him to jump right in...both combines now at their respective homes, semi's are all home and grain carts home...NOTHING is cleaned..I came home, showered, and have had a "few"
        beers...guess who didn't get the supply upgrade?

1 Chit!!!

Enough, I believe I will be able to go right to sleep, even in the recliner, son and son in law are texting how they plan on sleeping in until 6 am...LMAO

Hope those who are still harvesting can have reasonable weather to get'r done!...and some reasonable weather for those shut down because of weather...

MOST important, stay safe.

Just received message that a very good friend passed this afternoon, Korean War Veteran, a man of honor.

Our country is so blessed to have had and continue to have those who serve and have served, beer tears now!

Comment

• a Salute to your Good Friend Dennis .
          Yes our Country is Blessed by those who have , and continue to selflessly serve , as are we to have known them as our friends .

Comment

• 180 acres left to combine haven't turned a wheel since Monday too warm and rainy causing mud that acts like fluffy spring mud needs to freeze again. We've had three f##$ ups first was set batch limit on dryer for 2 too many dumps going into dry bin then after switching to the third bin dumped 4 batches and the buckets that guide corn into the bin broke from being up there 25 years dumped another batch on the ground. Low range went out of one truck only had 6 through ten. So a better than normal fall around here.🙄
            Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• This horrific Year has finely come to a end for me Wednesday was the day that held the magical combination and yes it did not go out with a whimper I have one farm that lays to my west 120 acres That the owner does not want to have anything to do with the U S GOVERMENT so in other words ITS not in the system no insurance either so after all the flooding this spring It was planted in July the beans were short but made some Tuesday I had it down to last thirty acres plenty of time to finish but no I was down a small rise and my machine just set down never spun a tire just set down to the frame josh dang it now I had to walk a alf a quarter to the truck through the mud what a laugh for the last day cutting next morning drug the long cabal out I have and rounded up one of my sons to drive the 4x4 and we pulled that sucker out what a fricking mess did NOT have any more problems I am just glad this year from hell is over ---it rained three inches here last night so we are setting up for next year now -----------------------------------dave
              Last edited by davidm479; 11-22-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• some history of this year..
                The Army Corps of Engineers says it will take $165 million to rebuild breached levees.

Comment

• I know how you feel David.
                  I was combining by my self today. I had to cross a small culvert. Ditch 20 ft deep on one side. 4ft on the other. I knew the culvert was bad as I wanted to put in a new one last year and the land lord made me put the old one back. And yes, the landlord and I both have NEW tubes sitting around.
                  Long story short waiting for the wrecker. I did go in the 4ft side at least!

Comment

• Comment

• Not what I was trying for but, Hey......

Comment

• Do flotation devices come as standard equipment on those CaseIH combines ? Looks like you may want to consider pontoons next time you come in for a landing .
                        Hope you didn't break or hurt anything .

Comment

• We will find out tomorrow. Wrecker is coming in the morning.
                          I probably should have rented a hoe and tried to get a load of rock in the morning instead

Comment

• Good luck!

on the mischievous side, was trying to work in something about the leaky roof doesn't leak when it isn't raining...salt to the wound isn't necessary right now

Comment

• It came out easy. Or at least appeared to.
                              It was kind of funny. The tow service wanted pictures. When they saw the pictures they were very concerned about getting the wrecker in and out. I finally told them they could sit on the gravel drive if they let out about 50 ft of cable.
                              They were also concerned about getting enough footing for the pull. I kept telling them I could pull it with my tractor if I could get the angle and had another man.
                              So the operator wants to wait for it to freeze up so he can get footing. Now if the pull unit can sit on gravel and the pulled vehicle is in water /mud, wouldn't it make sense to pull it when it is not frozen?
                              Any way he shows up with a big 4 axle tow unit. Strings out a 4 line block and tackle of 1 inch cable. Wants to hook my tractor on the front for a deadman.
                              After all that, while he is pulling me out he wants me to put it in neutral as he is not getting enough tension on his line to properly spool it! LOL.

Comment

• HOLY CHIT iadave, you slap your brakes a time or two and that line gets pinched for the next "sucker: they retrieve... Glad it was an easy pull.

Comment

Working...
                                X