X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What no I - O - W - A defenders paying attention๐Ÿคจ
    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• They probably can't get on this site from what I have been told, to bad too, be interesting to hear some other sides to the story..

Comment

• IA ag secretary has been affected by lp shortage on his farm supposedly. But he say to many contributing factors that caused shortage to blame on one thing. I call BS if the storage capacity at the gas companies was filled this summer there would be no shortage they decided to that with late planting corn would be wetter than normal and if they could create a artificial shortage they could gouge the prices this fall.
        Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• For the sake of discussion, while I'm waiting for the dew to disappear, milo harvest drags on...with elevators and farm storage filled, some being hauled out where it can be, going on the
          ground with NEW facilities within 30 miles...that are full, disgustingly in my own mind, some of it is still this years poverty grass/wheat!.

Comment

• SO now the coffers run:et over aa-h a bazar twist from years past so life goes on planted so wheat today my land has had a drastic change the RIVER is still at or above flood stage my ground will not dry out ran a disk three weeks ago then we had a rain event today it is crusted over so I try to drill into it and the tractor is breaking through all the way through the field it should be dry but its not now I planted that fiel I see we have a Flood Watch posted for tonight huuuuu I can probably kiss that field of wheat good by -----------------------------I give up on the field by my house Tryed to disk it a 4x4 and almost stuck it---------dave

Comment

• finished beans yesterday,60-65 bu ave got most of the beans that were down,tried alittle corn 18.5% snowed last night so out for today but will put in bin and add air,have 700 hd of cattle in neARBY feedlot will haul wetter corn to them

Comment

• you better put some fat on those cows with this cold spell coming Stef-----------------------------------dave

Comment

• Originally posted by davidm479 View Post
                  SO now the coffers run:et over aa-h a bazar twist from years past so life goes on planted so wheat today my land has had a drastic change the RIVER is still at or above flood stage my ground will not dry out ran a disk three weeks ago then we had a rain event today it is crusted over so I try to drill into it and the tractor is breaking through all the way through the field it should be dry but its not now I planted that fiel I see we have a Flood Watch posted for tonight huuuuu I can probably kiss that field of wheat good by -----------------------------I give up on the field by my house Tryed to disk it a 4x4 and almost stuck it---------dave
                  what do they call this tractor, more rubber for big dick?

Knowing how close duals came in the pinch point, how many acres to turn this one around?

Comment

• second verse same as the first flash flooding allover the place roads closed this will not abate I betting my wheat is doomed now snow will be coming in over the week end -------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

• their getting all the corn they can eat

Comment

• Finished a farm in the snow last night. The way things looked and felt I kept thinking I was finishing everything for the year....

Comment

• post your picture up so we can see whatcha look like-----------------------dave

Comment

• well here it is 11/12 had 07 degrease this morning I believe wheat planting here is over I had bought a few totes of treated seed and had a drill full left after ower last rain event so I had to either plant it or dump it so I put the spring pressure down and no tilled it on the side of a hill after I sprayed Paquet on it with it being in the 70 s the last few days I thought it had a chance but now 7 my bought is growing oh we also received 1/2 inch last night now its ice glad I do not depend on wheat as my main stay --------------------------------dave

Comment

• I would think 7 is pretty cold for your area?
                              I was going to go down and put a new oil cooler on the auger tractor his morning. Dang it is gelled up so I can't get the loader off ! What a shame! LOL
                              0 this morning here. It was supposed to get above freezing this afternoon but maybe not now..
                              Supposed to be rain and snow again tomorrow. 2 inches or so on the ground now.
                              Glad I cut those 14 and 15% beans now!
                              I am not saying the weather has been challenging his year but I have had a tile rig sitting in a field since May. Not to tile wet ground but just to put drains in terraces.
                              Last edited by iadave; 11-12-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• -1ยบF @ daylite this morning, 89%, lots of sparkles on grass, plants, weeds and un-harvested crops when the sun came up..OUR late planted poverty grass/wheat still is below surface,
                                doesn't want to take the chill above ground I'm guessing but it's right there...

Comment

Working...
                                X