No announcement yet.

2019 crop year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Dennis, but last year this time I had forward contracted some of 2019 harvest for 5.00 cash local price. We haven't gotten close to a chance of being able to forward contract any for next year at that price.

Comment

• hey Stef is that cold spell west of you going to effect you they are saying record snow fall in area --------------------------------dave

Comment

• no snow here and none predicted,yet,highs this week mid 50's low 60's showers thru wed cold wet pattern next 10 days means crops just stand still

Comment

• the price of ower production just rose this morning gas took a $.03 jump diesel rose .06 now that in a substernal jump hauling this crop in just rose--------------------------------------dave

Comment

• [h=1]AccuWeather's October Forecast Predicts 'Widespread Frost' Will Take Over[/h]

BURRRRRRRRRRR--------------------------------------------DAVE
            "Much of the region is forecast to experience the lowest temperatures of the season so far with the likelihood of widespread frost over the interior during the first weekend of October," said Paul Pastelok, AccuWeather's top long-range forecaster.
            While it's difficult to pinpoint how extensive a frost might be, it's most likely to happen over the central Appalachians and the majority of central and northern New England next weekend. This influx of freezing air is more than a signal to unpack your sweaters and scarves; it could also do away with bothersome allergens and warm-weather pests
            In short: Fall is finally coming, y'all! Now, where did I put that pumpkin candle .

Last edited by davidm479; 10-02-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Talked to my seed man the other day and asked if he'd heard any yields yet. Said one customer picked a field of corn that part was planted in the third week of april. Got rained out fort a couple weeks before finishing planting the filed with the same number as before. Said when he picked it, the later planting averaged 70 bushel an acre better than the earlier planted. I know last year we started with no subsoil moisture to speak of and all the april planted corn in my neighborhood at least, got chopped. Some of the later turned out to be fairly decent for the year.

Comment

• that does'nt surprise me my corn planted first suffered fro 5 inches of rain over 8 days,temps never got above 50 and lows were in the 30's,my stands are only 2/3's what they should be,corn planted later has almost perfect stands

Comment

• winter storm watch out starting wed night thru fri,lows mid to upper 20's,30 day frocast above precip,below temps,it's going to be a long fall

Comment

• how long before freeze up Stef or will the ground hold the combine-------------------------------dave

Comment

• SCMN = The ground in our area will hold the combine now - as soon as it reaches the axles!!

Comment

• 6-12 inches snow winter storm watch blowing drifting snow ground here will hold equipment but beans will be flat on the grund if we get a storm like their predicting

Comment

• 19 the year no one will forget at least we lost ower crop before it was planted---------------markets kind of mundane right now waiting on Thursday I guess -----------------------------------dave

Comment

• alot of corn still fairly green freezing temps will knock some yield off,beans and sunflowers could all be laying flat with winds of 30-40 with gusts to 50 and heavy snow,I also have alot of hay laying in swaths that wont dry down,have some still standing as weather wont let me in the field,thought I'd have enuf hay for several years as of now I don't have enuf up to make it thru the winter,cows may have to graze it out of the windrows

Comment

• I think today is October 9 Is that correct DID I here Al Roker correct he sid White Out for ower northern states that is TOOOOOOOOOOOOO early for this shi t in contrast the first of last week we were at 100 degrease on the heat index buy Saturday projected to be low 30 wind chill WHERE THE FRICK DID FALL GO ----------------------------dave

Comment

• no fall summer to winter

Comment

Working...
                                X