No announcement yet.

2019 crop year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does these guys coming around wanting you to prepay for stuff annoy the h out of anyone but me? It's about time for the seed salesman to start. Can't even wait until you got this crop harvested. But if you order early , you get the best discount.

As far as politics, I'm just looking for a late surprise candidate to show up for the dems. I can't see common sense liberals going for these far left ideas being proposed by the current crop of contestants and it's kind of obvious old uncle joe is getting like me. Got one wheel in the sand most of the time. . I predict the 2020 candidate isn't on the scene yet. Who was that guy that was in the news for awhile maybe a year ago? Was it the coffee mogul or something? Was maybe going to run as an idependent? Can't remember except the few times I heard him talk I thought he made some sense at least. All I remember was they said if he ran as an independent that he would siphon votes from the democrats and would help re-elect trump. I don't know about that. Would have like to have heard more out of him to get the bigger picture.

Comment

• Steffy, I did not say anything about electing a democrat. Give me a good, honorable, honest candidate who will work for the country, not just his party or
      his personal agenda. If either of the two major parties can provide that person, that is the one I can vote for. Maybe voters should wipe the slate clean and
      start all over, from the top down. Soybean farmers have taken nearly a 40 percent reduction in the price of their soybeans in the last few years. Do you see
      any government officials who have taken a similar cut?

Comment

• How bout your seed and chemicals? Have they taken a 40% cut yet? Have they taken any cut? And they won't as long as we keep paying the price. But hey, if you pay for them now, look at all the money you'll save instead of waiting 7 months to buy them, when you need them.

Comment

• Here you go 4450, sure to make you feel all snugly, IF you believe everything they print..

NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL STATISTICS SERVICE [/SIZE]

United States Department of Agriculture • Northern Plains Region [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

]3705 Miller Parkway, Ste. A, Manhattan, KS 66503 • (800) 582-6443 [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[]www.nass.usda.gov [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: [/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3]Doug Bounds [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3](800) 582-6443 [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][email protected] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=4]KANSAS CROP PROGRESS AND CONDITION [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]MANHATTAN, Kan. September 3, 2019 [/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3]- For the week ending September 1, 2019, there were 4.4 days suitable for fieldwork, according to the USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service. Topsoil moisture supplies rated 3 percent very short, 13 short, 71 adequate, and 13 surplus. Subsoil moisture supplies rated 2 percent very short, 14 short, 76 adequate, and 8 surplus. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3]Field Crops Report: [/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3]Corn condition rated 4 percent very poor, 12 poor, 34 fair, 40 good, and 10 excellent. Corn dough was 90 percent, behind 95 last year, and near 94 for the five-year average. Dented was 65 percent, behind 80 last year and 72 average. Mature was 16 percent, behind 34 last year and 26 average. Harvested was 1 percent, near 5 last year and 4 average. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3]Soybean condition rated 3 percent very poor, 8 poor, 36 fair, 46 good, and 7 excellent. Soybeans blooming was 94 percent, behind 99 last year, and near 98 average. Setting pods was 83 percent, behind 92 last year and 89 average. Dropping leaves was 3 percent, behind 9 last year, and near 7 average. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3]Sorghum condition rated 2 percent very poor, 7 poor, 29 fair, 53 good, and 9 excellent. Sorghum headed was 90 percent, behind 96 last year and 95 average. Coloring was 39 percent, behind 57 last year and 50 average. Mature was 1 percent, behind 6 last year, and near 5 average. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3]Cotton condition rated 6 percent very poor, 15 poor, 38 fair, 37 good, and 4 excellent. Cotton squaring was 96 percent, near 100 last year and 97 average. Setting bolls was 81 percent, behind 94 last year, but near 78 average. Bolls opening was 4 percent, behind 16 last year and 13 average. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3]Pasture and Range Report: [/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3]Pasture and range conditions rated 1 percent very poor, 6 poor, 25 fair, 58 good, and 10 excellent. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PS][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PS][SIZE=3]Data for this news release were provided at the county level by USDA Farm Service Agency, KSU Extension Service, and other reporters across the State. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PS][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PS][SIZE=3]Access the National Crop Progress and Condition publication at: [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman PSMT][SIZE=3]https://usda.library.cornell.edu/concern/publications/8336h188j [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

I tried editing, ran out of patience
          Last edited by dennis1; 09-05-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• I like to tease those seed guys when they tell me the hot numbers I might want wont be available if I don't order early that they need to be better seed producers/farmers if they cant produce enough to sell when I want to buy.
            Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• That's a good one. I'll have to use that next time I'm told that.

Comment

• With all he rain we've been having, some white mold showing up in beans. corn looks good but it sure has a long way to go. haven't seen any dented yet

Comment

• We've been missing most of the rains around here. We got 1.2 inches earlier this week and that was the first measurable rain in over 3 weeks. With the cool dry weather 3rd or 4th crop hay was very disappointing. We basically are done haying for now. More later haying will get done in early October.

Corn is very wet. A few farmers are green chopping corn and its very wet. These fields were planted early and with a short season corn but still nothing dented yet. The yields will be very variable with the earliest planted fields may have the best yields ever [if it gets ripe] Lots of later planted corn is just staring to turn yellow. Very short and spindly with small cobs. Choppers will cover a lot of acres to fill silos and bunkers.

Beans mostly look good. Much better where ground was tilled compared to turbo tilled or no-tilled. Some white mold coming, but should not be a major impact on yield. Early planted fields are already turning . pods filled good

Comment

• rains keep missing us,we were suppose to get a good shot fri-sat just a trace,more forcast tonight tomorrow and again wed thur but amt's look light,more concerning is cool and cloudy for a week highs mid 60-low 70's keeps crop from maturing things look OK but still way behind and running out of time

Comment

• Any word from early harvest down south? Aren't we supposed to get reports of 300 bushel corn and 200 bu beans filling in the old crop sales driving prices down this time of year?
                      Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• heard a report s ill good dirt planted end of apr but it was mudded in 24% h2o 140 bpa normal would be 240

Comment

• Originally posted by steffy View Post
                          heard a report s ill good dirt planted end of apr but it was mudded in 24% h2o 140 bpa normal would be 240

is that a text message from 479? lol

Comment

• also read on blog a grower in s ill also reports poor silage yields 1/2 of what they were last year also good dirt and apr planted corn said corn looked good from the road had good fertility but alot of barren stalks and spindly plants once you got into the field

Comment

• Not sure if its the fat lady is humming, or the rumble of thunder approaching. We had 1.7 inches yesterday, and the forecast is for areas of southern , southwest MN to receive
                              three, up to five inches of rain, in some areas, in the next few days. Its going to be a long fall. Sugar beet harvest is supposed to begin in a few days, and the
                              farmers trying to bale up prevented plant acres will be at a standstill.

Comment

• Originally posted by choreboy View Post
                                Not sure if its the fat lady is humming, or the rumble of thunder approaching. We had 1.7 inches yesterday, and the forecast is for areas of southern , southwest MN to receive
                                three, up to five inches of rain, in some areas, in the next few days. Its going to be a long fall. Sugar beet harvest is supposed to begin in a few days, and the
                                farmers trying to bale up prevented plant acres will be at a standstill.
                                I'm in Cottonwood county in SW MN and we had 3-4 Inches on Wednesday night along with that wonderful wind (at least we didn't get the tornado's that Sioux Falls got) and then last night my rain gauge topped out at 6" with the news saying we got 7-8". The water was over my driveway at some point last night so i'll have to get a load of gravel in to fill in all those potholes now.

Comment

Working...
                                X