No announcement yet.

2019 crop year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked sweet corn for the first time yesterday,ears are about a third smaller than normal,wonder if the field corn will be the same,crop went in so late and cold wet set it back some more have to wonder if it's natures way of making sure it makes seed,smaller ears shallower kernals is not a recipe for big yields

Comment

• Beautiful day yesterday 72 for a high. 49 for a low this morning. It feels a lot like a fall morning. The next week should only see 80 on one day.

The earlier planted corn is tasseled and looked mostly pretty good. But the later planted fields are still very uneven, The range from early tassel to barely canopied. It should be an interesting year when the harvest begins. We are just starting 3 rd crop hay and 2nd cut direct seeding. Those crops look good and wee should have good weather for harvesting some MUCH needed quality alfalfa

I tried brush cutting some waterways and low areas yesterday Got out without help Still a lot of very wet fields

Comment

• King, don't you want to pollinate in that cooler weather? The corn, for silage, out here that went in in early May has done a beautiful job of setting ears. I pulled 2 ears off of 1 stalk that were both 18 around and 40 long! This week will be a telling week out here. No moisture in 3 weeks but not so hot either. Lotsa streaks showing up in the ridges and sandy or shallow soils. Silage corn is a different animal, and the chopper counts tons, not bushels. BTW, we do have one field of fifth cutting ready to go in a week; its on heavy ground that has been watered twice with 2.5 inches, and just a 'little' urea a coupla times.

Comment

• Found a few ears of sweet corn yesyerday. should start selling in a fewdays. had my first BLT this morning and it was deliuos , very good. crops look awesome that got planted but looks can be decieving . flowers are in full bloom lots of people coming everyday our our sunflower fest went really good. our vandilism spill finely got ok'ed and dirt filled back in. the last 2times for golf got rained out, so gittin kinda shaky I need a golf fix LMAO. But hey Life is Good Leebert

Comment

• pp acres could get some corn shifted back to beans pp'd,as corn pp pays so much more producers will report pp acres as intended for corn,ins co will make adjustments later as you can not have corn and pp ac that total more than your highest orn ac of the last 4 years

Comment

• sounds like the best theme out of the PF tour is lack of maturity.alot of corn will need a mid oct frost or later,take 4-8# off the test wt and see what that does to yield,not many traders around that remember the 93 crop

Comment

• Yeah that was 40-40-40 corn. Yield -moister -TW
                OOPS that's what we had in 92 fathers day frost. 93 wasn't as bad for our little slice of h------(you pick)
                Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• we are suppose to get very cool towards the end of next week highs in the 60's lows in the 40'snot what a late crop needs,heard corn will try to shut down if it drops below 50 for 5 days antone know if thats true

Comment

• I am sorry to hear about your vandalism.

Comment

• corn yields on the tour are only slightly below USDA but so far they aremeasuring potential one would think when they make their final projections yield will lowered from lack of maturity in the crop

Comment

• Potential can really go a long way, steffy. Both Duke and I have our wives convinced that we haven't hit our growth spurt yet!!

Comment

• I don't know about t he crop tour, but this cool wet weather has stuff here slowed. I've got some longer season milo that I planted a week earlier this year than last that still hasn't all headed. Sure hope Jack F. doesn't make an early arrival this year. Mine isn't the only one.

Comment

• Crops in our area are looking good for the most part. Beans look really good. corn so-so. have been picking sweet corn for 2 weeks now andgoing strong.
                            we have had rather cool weather last few days. rain on Mon. would be nice getting a little dry

Percy, I used to be 6'5 but after my knee replacement I'm 5'6
                            when your short its not so far to fall

Comment

• From looking at the growing degree calculator there may be a lot of folks in trouble on maturity. I wasn't worried until I started looking at it tonight. I got done planting corn May 18.What may save my bacon is the last corn I planted is about a week ahead of the corn I planted a week EARLIER. And yes, I know which farm I planted first as I changed the planter over to beans there!

Comment

• ECI called this morning, checking whether to send airplanes with life rafts to the next to the desert in almost NW Kansas...told him the radar would have to be better than NOAA as the fog was limiting how much water I could see...yes, we had rain, hard at times, 0.50 in 10 minutes...and just over 2 inches in 50 minutes, fun watching the almost new rain gauge keep adding while it is raining, and I didn't have to go out in it to see what was accumulating...the super duper gauge is the official, but this little dipper is pretty darn close...officially, 2.33 for this mornings report..

Comment

Working...
                                X