No announcement yet.

2019 crop year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big thunderstorm rolled through here on Saturday morning. The wind it brough flattened a few fields, others just look sloppy but will probably pull out of it, pretty much ever corn field has the outer two rows leaning into the field. Thankfully there was no hail, but its not gonna help the yield on those fields. As we were checking out fields on Sunday we finally saw some tasseled corn of our own. Now just to hope pollination goes ok!

Comment

• here yea go Steff------------
      WOW predicting 95 million acres next year corn farmers are going to grow their selfs into the poor house---------------------------------------------------------------dave-------------Fertilizer dealer Nutrien sees big corn comeback in 2020, following U.S. floods[/h] Fertilizer producer and farm supply dealer Nutrien Ltd expects U.S. farmers to plant as many as 95 million acres (38.5 million hectares) of corn next year, the most in seven years, after a frustrating year of floods, its chief executive said.
      The wet conditions left millions of acres unplanted across the U.S. farm belt, but have also lifted corn prices and given farmers incentive to sow more next year, Chief Executive Chuck Magro said on a quarterly conference call on Tuesday.
      Chicago December corn futures traded on Tuesday at $4.21 per bushel, up more than 10% from a year earlier.
      “We do expect a pretty significant rebound in market fundamentals in 2020,” Magro said. "You can see it in crop pricing futures but you can also see it in some of the business we're seeing in crop protection (products) in the third quarter."
      "2020 is setting up to be a very good agricultural year."
      Shares of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan-based Nutrien jumped 8% in Toronto, despite cutting its full-year profit forecast due to wet U.S. weather this spring that lowered spending by farmers on supplies such as fertilizer.
      The comnetheless showed resilience against what Nutrien called "the worst U.S. planting season in history," Raymond James analyst Steve Hansen said.
      Nutrien is the world's biggest fertilizer producer by capacity, and owns the largest network of farm retail supply stores in the United States.
      It estimates U.S. corn plantings in 2019 between 85 million and 87 million acres, the lowest in a decade. Corn is a particularly important crop for agribusiness because it requires more fertilizer than others such as soybeans.
      The U.S. Department of Agriculture estimates that U.S. farmers planted 91.7 million acres of corn this year. But the department is taking the rare step of conducting a fresh survey of farmers amid doubts by traders that USDA's current estimate captures the weather damage.
      Last edited by davidm479; 07-31-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• might be closer to 100 million if corn ever starts to turn back up in price,then again if prices can't go up with the disaster we had this year,corn acres may not increase much.corn down 7 cents again today taking out support @4.20 and filling a gap,4.12 next support zc19,could be end of month position squaring,hard to believe corn down this hard with poor crop ratings and report out in 12 days that will update acres and yield

Comment

• what shall we do with all this production that we will make when no one is wanting it the new WALL is cutting all trade into do you not agree-----------------------------------------dave

Comment

• That my biggest fear that the current high prices will lead to a huge corn glut next year. I'm glad i'm heavy on beans next year. Now, thats all assuming the weather allows us to get into the field more than it has over the last 18 months.

Comment

• glut won't be next year as this year will tighten things enuf we will need a big crop next year to rebuild stocks,any weather hiccups next year could send prices much higher giving one the chance to lock in good profitable levels

Comment

• If the argument is we might plant 100 million acres next year, then we have to assume the weather is good enough to get those acres in, so if we get back near trendline yields, lets call it 175 bpa, on 100 millino acres thats 17.5 billion bushels of corn. Thats 2.4 billion bushels over our best year ever. Thats a best case scenario, but if prices are high enough to encourage US farmers to plant that much corn, you have to believe South America and the rest of the world is gonna churn out quite a bit too.

Comment

• Plus SA will be 6 months ahead of us in said scenario beating us to the good price then all we've got is 19 billion bushels of corn and no place to go with it. (17+ 2 carryover)
                  Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

• carryout at the end of 2019 crop year could be very low if this crop is as bad as some think it is,no doubt 100 million acre of corn would put alot of bu back in but trend line may be hard to achieve as more marginal ground will be planted and 100 ma may be hard to get done as farmers may lack the financing to plant that much corn.
                    big out side day in corn today tech action good tried last weeks low and bouncing sharply.china telling their importers to stop buying USA products,trade war looks to be escalating but poor crop is ruling the day so far.

Comment

• I know its a small area in comparison to the entire corn belt, but the video's I just saw of hail in Watertown, SD I can't imagine any crop is left standing up there. The same storm is over the twin cities right now, will be interesting to see how much damage was done as the storm has traveled.

Comment

• we havent had a rain for over 2 weeks things look OK yet but will need a rain soon,all corn is silked pollination went good,beans are very short ,more concerned on bean potential than corn,one more good rain and we'll have some good corn altho wet cold spring did affect stands

Comment

• In the middle of my summer crop tour. From home went across ne ks. into nw Missouri, north up I35 through Iowa to Albert Lea Minnysota, I90 east into Wisconsin. Then up to Steven's point. Then south down to bloomington Illinois, then east and through Indiana on some little 2 lane road that was north of I 70, now am as far as columbus ohio. My thoughts. First, how much can you tell from the road at 70 mph. Wen you see ground that isn't planted or corn still not tassled you know what to expect there. Didnt see as much unplanted as I thought I would until going through Indiana on that 2 lane. Indiana was the worst I saw. Late planted, no planted, short beans, and on top of that looked like they were really needing a drink. Guy on NAT predicting 170 average. My guess would be mother nature is really going to have to cooperate to achieve that. And beans on average were the worst looking overall that I can remember seeing on a summer trip. Will go back to ks from ohio on I 70 so I'll see what things look like there. I know driving by my fields at home they look good from the road and a little more rain through Aug and they could be. But I also know all the drowndout spots you cant see now that is going to bring the average down. So basically dont think we will know anything for sure until the fat lady has sung.

Comment

• 4450, Hope you are getting a start on the needed moisture this morning...radar looks favorable for you anyway...

Comment

• dodged a bullet last night hail took out alot of crops last night just east of me,never even rained here,saw pic's of baseball sized hail

Comment

• aye, we received 2.78 overnight...a very narrow band east to west..3 south drops to 0.5, north 3 miles, drops to 0.36, BUT those of us who caught some of it are happy, NO wind or hail, but yes, lots of lightening, the transformer here at NEW house took a big one...lost power at 12.50am, got it back on 8:30 this morning. The linemen couldn't find the problem, finally started dropping each
                                entrance from the road...and of course, it's here...told them that's what happens when they work in the dark, dedicated to keep working during hot lightening and rain, great young men!

Comment

Working...
                                X