2019 crop year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 crop year

its started we were able to miss all the flooding rains last night and the ground was warm and dry enough the Corn planters are rolling here the 19 crop has started here we go -----------------------------------------dave

Good Luck!!

Rain and accumulating snow forecast for Friday and Friday evening...now west of Osborn so if it happens, we MIGHT see some of it..

Commercial dry applicator was running west of us this am, I looked, be damned glad it isn't something I hope to harvest this June...when the tracks are that visible, there is
    injury or compaction where the tracks are...in this part of the world.

Comment

Still pretty cool here - Ground is wet - Nothing moving here and rain back in for Thursday threw Sat .

Have fun 479 !

Be safe !

Comment

Wind blew like hades yesterday, With 70 degrees it dried good. Missed todays rain. But doesn't sound like we'll miss it tonight or tomorrow. Big fertilizer rigs running here too. I agree with dennis. Tracks they're leaving doesn't look worth it too me. Haven't got a lick of fertilizer on any wheat yet but since half of it looks like it's the 1st of Nov, I can't get too excited yet.

Comment

insurance man finely came by and my wheat is here no more knocked it in the head yesterday and today by by it used up 11 lives now I can go to the next Delma------------------dave

Comment

May have to put up the drought sign, still nothing in the gauge, see some stuff on radar usually nort or west of us moving ne...BUTT only a couple weeks ago,
            I made the mistake to say I expected to see blowing dust in Western Kansas only to get rain and snow...34؛, 23؛,30؛F lows forecast tonight and next nights...

OH and MAYBE 2 inches of snow!

Well crap 479, if you aren't going to flood the market with rice quality wheat this year, MILO next?

Comment

Sounds like dennis should go into the lucrative business of weatherman.
              Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

lol....careful fR, a couple weeks ago at a directors mtg, one economist started on a speel of "I tried to tell you so"....when finished,
                a director across the table from me asked why I was smiling? I stated,
                Weather men and economist would fit in the same sack and no mixing required...

I get to go back next week!

Comment

No rain here yet other than than some sprinkles. But have had rain around us. The wind towers are doing their job. Gets to west of us and splits and goes around. For once it's ok with me. But got caught in one h of a hail storm a little bit ago 10 miles north of here. Pea to marble size. By the time it quit the ground looked like it had snowed. You talk about something slick to drive on.

Question on rather to till or not. Got one farm that I let a neighbor run a few head of cattle on through the winter. Part milo stubble, part bean. With all the snow and mud we had, those fields are solid hoof pock marks. Would you disk it lightly if, and that's a big if, if it does ever get dry enough to work decently or just bounce over/through it the way it is with the planter.
                  Last edited by 4450; 03-29-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I guess I would disk it lightly. At least with the disk you aren't going to get cancer from using Roundup as a burn down.
                    Not funny. I wonder if Bayer is wondering if they did the right think buying Monsanto. I have farmed for {wow} 49 years,
                    had cancer twice, and used Roundup since it first came out. Do you suppose there is a lawyer who could connect the
                    dots for me, say for 90 percent of the settlement?

Comment

Originally posted by 4450 View Post
                      No rain here yet other than than some sprinkles. But have had rain around us. The wind towers are doing their job. Gets to west of us and splits and goes around. For once it's ok with me. But got caught in one h of a hail storm a little bit ago 10 miles north of here. Pea to marble size. By the time it quit the ground looked like it had snowed. You talk about something slick to drive on.

Question on rather to till or not. Got one farm that I let a neighbor run a few head of cattle on through the winter. Part milo stubble, part bean. With all the snow and mud we had, those fields are solid hoof pock marks. Would you disk it lightly if, and that's a big if, if it does ever get dry enough to work decently or just bounce over/through it the way it is with the planter.
                      Were the cattle still there when the frost went out? how long after etc?

btw choreboy, did you eat potatoes any time during that time span?
                      good! you are a survivor!

Comment

big time compaction here we would aa a RIP it two foot deep to loosen it up then disk and field cultivate plant ------ most of my field were ripped as we cut beans still have some standing water we are having fun trying to work this **** t down ----------------------------------dave-------------------------------I have raised rice this is a lot worse

Comment

Well they had them off before the full thaw out but it was muddy early winter before the deep freeze up.

Comment

something...

oh chit!

Liquid fertilizer didn't get delivered today as planned...

in the routine of following suggestions...made it this far on this site...

Comment

Finally got back on the new site for the second time. Posting to see if I get kicked off again.

Comment

Working...
                              X