No announcement yet.

dicamba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember dennis, there's always the disk. Don't have to worry about field edges, wind direction, inversion, sensitive crops. Just drop her in the ground and go, lol.

Comment

Like ECI, I have used Interlok for years. It is a very good drift aid.

Comment

Originally posted by 4450 View Post
        Remember dennis, there's always the disk. Don't have to worry about field edges, wind direction, inversion, sensitive crops. Just drop her in the ground and go, lol.
        all you have to do is NOT knock out the "neighbors' fence posts while trying to keep the fence row "clean"..

lol

Comment

another we will see...

https://www.farmprogress.com/weeds/p...8133b6aacfbbf4

now it is making me wonder about those Arkansas teeth 479 mentioned, Arkansas teeth? ha ah ha "a mor'n 1 tooth?"

Comment

had a incident here this summer evolving Dicamba being used after prescribed DATE a MO farmer who farms in both MO and AR sprayed his beans after the APRIL 25 CUT OFF DaTE after he had sprayed his beans in MO witch have a 30 longer spray period not thing WELL the state plant board woke him up HIT him with a $100.000 for spraying four different fields after cut off date -------------they mean business down here-------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

the wind blows different in EACH state, a five day difference of cut off date in Mo. and Ark?

Comment

I was not going to respond any more but the severity of this has to be restated the particular FARMER farmed in both AR and MO now that he has bin fined come to find out he did not have a license to spray Dicamba in AR did not have log book on his spray activity and had NOT took the corse which is mandatory to even BUY dicamba in ARKANSAS in fact you can almost count the number of farmers that are certified on you hands that do now his fellow neighbor farmers can sue him for any damage they have received since EPA has idenfyed him again I STATE Arkansas EPA has TEETH here --------------------------------------------dave------------------------------------------------------a few years back they had shoot outs for this very same thin in this same area

Comment

AND I will still stand firm, that it is NOT just the chemical, but the A S S holes who try to do it their own way, and don't give a rats A S S about their neighbors.
                  Glad it is taking place, whether an individual or the entire Commercial firm doing some of that crap! Really curious what the state of Missouri will do, but a cousins'
                  husband in NE Missery says the farmer is in deep s h I t!
                  there too.

Locally the businesses will NOT sell unless YOU provide your card that states you participated in the STATE training/re-training annually.

I also realize accidents can happen, but many of those problems don't seem to happen locally, and we have been accused of brain drain for nearly two generations...what is Arkansas and
                  Missouri's excuses?

Comment

Well I guess then everyone will admit we have a system of law's that are to be strictly followed Where have I Heard this at before--------------------------dave

Comment

Someone was definitely NOT FOLLOWING THE "LAWS"....

What is discouraging to me, is the FACT, that WE have been using this product for several years, when it was even MORE volatile than the NEW formulation, spraying next
                      to alfalfa, sunflowers, BUT following the DIRECTIONS.

It has been areal sprayed over pastures for musk thistle control.

Now there is a product/dicamba that really does help US manage some weeds in this locality, and other localities have problems, due to applicators and the climate. We aren't
                      supposed to apply but so much atrazine because of our local annual rainfall average, yet we, so far, can all use atrazine.

Comment

I wish we could get ahold of some Furidian I could do wonders with that stuff ---------------------------------dave

Comment

Comment

Opening page of FJ's dicamba article...NOTE:

Note that fees incurred by applicators from the state don’t go to drift victims, it goes to the state. If you have yield or monetary damages you want covered by the applicator at fault, you have to take the battle to court or work out a recovery payment with the applicator yourself.

Comment

As always, follow the money.

Comment

Agree Dennis. It is not so much the product as it is the applicators. In Our area a few bad actors are spraying 24d and saying it is the dicamba.. It really causes some damage. One of my fields usually makes 3 to 4 bale cotton,barely makes 2 bales this years. See them in church every Sunday,

Comment

Working...
                                X