Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dicamba

https://www.farmprogress.com/weeds/d...868e9f122e8108

I have only one thing I can say about Dicamba I have seen it in use and it is not safe in my area and never will be best thing for me to do is to have a good lawyer on retainer so I will be first in line when the damage happens -----------------------------------dave

Comment

also I have a major peach and grape growing area just too my north along the river known World wide the Dicamba would devastate that area-----------I ----E -----no wine ---no peaches -------------------dave

Comment

Didn't make it to the dinner/training update for 2019 that our local chem supplier put on so I did it online. Don't know that I needed to since I don't post spray my beans but I did anyway. Part I found really interesting was the section on inversion. Already understood what inversion was but they put red smoke bombs on a sprayer and "sprayed" in different conditions, when there was an inversion and when there wasn't. That smoke sure showed a good example of what was going on. One of our local reps has wondered if the required tips actually increase volatizing though by having that larger more concentrated droplet that didn't dry as quickly as a finer droplet would. But the rules are the rules regardless.

Comment

YES 4450, inversion was talked about last year, and stressed this year.

The labeled wind conditions, barriers, down wind crops etc is pretty simple....but that inversion can be NASTY...and still get the best of intentions, ma nature is involved.

I did see something interesting several days back, had fog, and in Kansas, fog usually rolls through, lifts in a distance...well, sitting here
          watching it lift...little spirals much like whirl winds, within the fog as it lifted...what was causing that particular "action" I have some theories,
          but for now, would ask if anyone else has seen it and how about the size of those individual droplets? btw, it was wet after the fog "lifted"

Comment

Never seen the spirals in a fog but after 2013, any spiral/whirlwind looking thing in the sky and I'm not sticking around to watch it. I'm headed for the shelter, lol.

Comment

I can relate to that too... lol

however these were very small whirls...unlike those whirl winds in western Kansass where the foreigners*, mistake them for tornadoes

foreigner* someone east of 81

Comment

https://www.greenbook.net/article/20...UyWEYifQ%3D%3D

Comment

Several lawyers are already on retainer just waiting to pounce------------------------dave

Comment

A couple of the experiments that I was watching close as to how much damage, and yield reduction, both got drift from a neighboring producer, but so far,
                    yield reduction hasn't been proven...according to another presentation... and soybeans, NOT flowers etc... ???

Comment

https://www.no-tillfarmer.com/articl...med-in-kansas?

Comment

I went to a meeting 2 or 3 years ago - the subject came out about the new life saver - dicamba products - the speaker went on to say it will only take 3 years max for it to become resistant to dicamba - Guess he knew what he was talking about !

Comment

This must be a product that really works, at the least, one "group" of commercial applicators were charging for the product and still running at the top end of the
                          label wind speed...

https://www.farmprogress.com/crops/w...b79763fb711f62

forgot my winky!

Comment

Iwant to see yho the first one BRAVE enough to use the new formulation is here in IN Arkansas a $20.000 fine if it creeps has TEETH-------------------dave

Comment

I have used a lot of Interlock over the years - and still use it - great produce !

Comment

Working...
                              X