first day of spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first day of spring

March 20 they say the first day of spring the birds are a chirping the fish are a jumping new calves a laying in the green grass why am I not enthused just something is not right about this year anyway tractors stated rolling today putting corn seed in the ground early I think-----------------------dave

Worry not, Dave...all those triple-dipple traits listed on that $250 bag of seed will save the day!

Comment

I saw killdeer over a week ago, called in to report and mentioned that spring was around the corner, but usually see some snow after we see them, and snow a couple days ago.
      Best part about yesterday was something we haven't been able to say for some time, to wet, to do a few things, but by sundown, it will be spring when the sun comes up next time...

Comment

Yep its spring, this morning its 22 degrees, still got snow banks, 2 feet of ice on Shawano Lake, trucks are driving across the lake yet. cutting wood for the iron beast. Yep its spring

Comment

DUKE, did you move to the U P?

Comment

We got our first spring shower of rain. Actually our first shower of rain since about the middle of October. A whopping 4 tenths of an inch. Maybe that will get the pump primed. Didn't seem like spring. Cloudy overcast day. Worked in the shop. Ran the space heater most of the day. But this is my favorite time of year. Look forward to getting things started. I remember back when I was a kid and getting the motorcycle out for the first ride after winter. It was like taking my first motorcycle ride all over again. Wish I could get that enthused about something now.

Comment

Heavens no Percy, thats so far north you have to go south to find eskimos

Comment

Originally posted by 4450 View Post
                We got our first spring shower of rain. Actually our first shower of rain since about the middle of October. A whopping 4 tenths of an inch. Maybe that will get the pump primed. Didn't seem like spring. Cloudy overcast day. Worked in the shop. Ran the space heater most of the day. But this is my favorite time of year. Look forward to getting things started. I remember back when I was a kid and getting the motorcycle out for the first ride after winter. It was like taking my first motorcycle ride all over again. Wish I could get that enthused about something now.
                I was at a agronomy meeting today put on by a local co-op. lernt all the ways to increase production while making less money!!!!!! Of course that's not the way the sales reps see it. I've never been at an ag meeting with so many depressed people. A shrink could make a killing. thinking of putting out my shingle. Much better pay.

I doubt if these farmers could get excited about a new ride any ride at all! no sarcasm and no limits to the shape or sex of the ride.

Comment

It is that way here also. The worst is it felt like a bad year but the taxes are still a killer!

Comment

my exact point something is just not right about this year their is no enthusiasm -----------------------------dave

Comment

Percy here; We have a saying, or rather a feeling, out here in dairy country, that when nobody is saying anything, its really bad. Every farmer is different, no two are alike, but even with our ability to sell on the futures market, nobody can beat the price by more than 6 months. Those interest only big operators just got another 'raise', so heifers will be cheaper yet. When a local seed corn seller-planter didn't put on their free dinner this year, you gotta ask some questions. BTW, buy 4 bags, get 5, buy a pallet, get a 1 day fishing trip.

Comment

Working...
                      X