• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dennis1
    replied
    okay, more "news" on dicamba...

https://www.prairiefarmer.com/crop-p...0911ec01d95656

ONE point I see that, my comment will get me in "dutch" or the chicken meal, but,

"• Only certified applicators may apply dicamba over the top; those working under the supervision of a certified applicator may no longer make applications."

good move, dum b asz ooperators who can't get through that little bit of "class room" activity should NOT be applying it!

There are several other chemicals that need to be put in that "label" for their application, also.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Yes but even more restrictions. From the meeting I went to last spring it sounded just about impossible to meet the criteria for a go day. More cover your arse for the company in these latest restrictions. As much as a lot of guys hate it, we've had clean beans the past two years because of it. Was a total disaster the year before that and an expensive one too. Not that there is anything cheap about this.

Leave a comment:

• davidm479
    replied
    hold the phone Dicamba has bin extended till 2020 stay tuned the shi tt going to start flying now--------------------------------dave

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    4450, your cut off date is later than ours, which started the 20th here. The rule book will get Pat Roberts back to Kansas yet! There is a crop insurance workshop in Salina
    Nov 1,

Questions: Rich Llewelyn, [email protected] or 785.532.1504

would be my second call after asking local insurance agent...ma nature is going to give the politicians more pita...

edit btw, 0.62 total for this weather event...roads were standing water to fields yesterday...be a couple days, to be 70's butt breeze become 40 mph wind Saturday
    afternoon and night...
    Last edited by dennis1; 10-26-2018, 07:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• davidm479
    replied
    ten four--------------------dave------------still raining here

Leave a comment:

replied
    Question on wheat multi peril ins. in Ks. After 10/31 it's 1% reduction in coverage for 14 days. Then after that no coverage. But no deduction in the cost of the ins. during those 14 days. So can I insure the wheat I've already planted and then not have ins. on late planted?

Leave a comment:

• davidm479
    replied
    finely cut a bob truck load will take them off in the morning it rained all day today a miserable wet day --------------------------dave

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    just bringing this to top to see if 479 was able to get any soybeans cut yesterday...

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    Okey dokey 479, youi started this with 24D, immediately went to dicambia...different formula..so will stay on this awhile...

https://www.deltafarmpress.com/weeds...7b84377cefe167

P I S S me off...

Original label...NO MIXING!!!

Well some of us gott'a get the most couldn't "afford" to make two/2 applications, so get label to include Roundup max...and now can you afford to pay off the widow
    down the
    road that her house plants are brown and brittle, or the 4-H and FFA members with various crops and gardens, or the orchards, well BS, get another product
    and you screw it up to save MONEY that now should go to those who got hurt...

any bets on who and where the most "leading" experts were from with the "most" damage done?

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    https://ppp.purdue.edu/private-appli...tor-resources/

Leave a comment:

• ECI
    replied
    Good morning my goof ball friends - lol Well --- I took the Dicamba training course on Presidents day - - Scott our county extension guy - put on the presentation - as he also helped out in the presentation in Johnson County .

I will put a link to the presentation that had to attend - - this link will take you to the OISC site - it will be the first one at the top of the page - then you can go threw the class - about mid way down it has ? 3 grafts on wind speed and the amount of day you could apply - the thing that jumps out is the 5 year average - everybody talked about how windy it was - but looking back over the 5 years - 2017 was really not that much deferent . Hope this works - if not - let me know and I will try something different - It is worth your time to look at this .

https://ppp.purdue.edu/private-applicators/educator-resources/

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    I realize it's a touchy issue....some places east of the "missoury" river just have way to much inversions...then get on to Carolinas, and their problems were less...and if
    anyone is a beatcher when it comes to ag related problems, drouth, floods, anything, those Caroliners are tops at that, for sounding off..and beatching!

"We" have been using the less refined product for years following wheat harvest and pre plant milo and corn...granted to start with, soybeans weren't even a viable crop then, but still "drift"
    on to house plants and gardens was a known.
    WE HAD to think before turning on the sprayer, and even then there were a few problems.

Let the states regulate and watch the border wars begin...

Leave a comment:

• davidm479
    replied
    the formulation in the chemical will not work in Arkansas the heat and humidity just make it move here and the Farmers here are not going to tolerate it any more the dam lawyers just make too much also -----In November, the EPA will decide whether farmers are going to have these types of herbicides for their fields in the future. “All you need to do to revoke those herbicides is to have another year like last year, or worse-----------------------------------------------dave ----------------------------------------------Dicamba a Lawyers Dream

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    look at this and notice...the razorbacks aren't even mentioned..

http://www.indianaprairiefarmer.com/...7393783176d7c8

Leave a comment:

• davidm479
    replied
    you can not buy it here the COOPs can not even stock it and it comes with a heavy fine if caught using it $25000 so their is a deterrent------------------------------dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X