No announcement yet.

24D is on the move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ban Dicamba? Just change the label so you Southern people can't use it if you're having so many problems, and are filing law suits against each other. There have been/are many ag chemicals on the market that us people up Nort can't use, or the label has restrictions for say North of I-90 that South of I-90 doesn't have.

As far as I'm concerned Atrazine should have been banned years ago because even a half pound will carry over in my yellow clay hills, and it winds up in most wells, lakes, and streams.

Comment

different strokes for different folks...almost like being between two states, as Oklahoma and Nebraska...

Comment

I've waited 5 days so the HPJ could get their web page caught up, so I could post this "article" address....

http://www.hpj.com/crops/dicamba-ste...1d4eb1b8e.html

Comment

it will come back to a southern thing its ower heat humidity and dust and varying wind speed if they do allow use here the norm will be go to COOP get you chemical then just proceed on into town and retain a lawyer because you will need him as your neighbors sue you for damage------------------------------------dave

Comment

welllllllllllll now---------------Dicamba damage in SE Nebraska -------------------------------------dave

Comment

the declaration has bin signed theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeban is on ----------------------soon as I receive my delta farm press I will post details-------------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

Originally posted by davidm479 View Post
                it will come back to a southern thing its ower heat humidity and dust and varying wind speed if they do allow use here the norm will be go to COOP get you chemical then just proceed on into town and retain a lawyer because you will need him as your neighbors sue you for damage------------------------------------dave
                Yeah because there is no heat, Humidity, dust or varying wind speed other places.....

Was talking to a farmer from Arkansas on Twitter the other day. 2, 4D has had severe restrictions on it after April for some time now. Can't apply by air after April and such. He says the problem with the Dicamba is it is being used to LATE in the season when it is to hot and humid...... My reply was yeah.... that's asking for trouble. So how is this technology helpful if you can't effectively use it without hurting non Extend beans? Big M's response seems to be that everyone should just plant Extend beans..... Imagine that.

Comment

I probably should post on this subject - As the weather is different here vs AR - Yet there is a lot the same - Hot - Humid - Winds - Yet all are on the Label as when to use and not to use - I know first hand you can have a curve ball thrown to yeah - But it seems to me that - even though conditions may not be right - they say screw it - plants are getting tall - weeds growing fast - go for it !

I have pushed the limits pretty hard some times - but 99.9 % of the time - The crop that may get in trouble are mine or there is a woods or something that will keep it on me . This is NOT a new product - but with the major weed pressure that AR farmers are facing - they are just pushing it to hard - But this is JMO .

As far as spraying to late ? I have a hard time buying that - as I said - this is not a new product - the label has been the same for years - maybe the use of the product has just increased because of the weed pressure .

I hate to spray with drop's !!!!!!!!!!!!!! But on the limit type days with a breeze - I have to make sure that the spray is off - before I raise the booms up 6 - 7 - feet and the breeze catchs the spray = drift

Maybe it's just get done I-tis -- Have I ever had that ????????????????? Well ---- No - never even thought about it ----- lmao

Comment

Talked to a crop advisor yesterday he said dicamba wasn't working on the waterhemp in the field they tried with extend beans anyway we are going with the why bother attitude use less. stressful products or methods.
                    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, we will NOT have to wait and see to long..............................moving harvest equipment home late evening, a sprayer setting at the edge of a soybean field,

temperature was 100؛F, BUT the kochia of opening pass was WILTING...on the other side of the road...interesting, south-south west breeze all day, and another guess what, some NOT dicamba resistant soybeans planted North EAST....AND TO AMPLIFIY, this is NOT the first time this has been an issue, but time will tell....I will be finding out what they are spraying with!

had to change the wind direction, don't know directions!
                      Last edited by dennis1; 07-09-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

http://ksu.ag/2tVC0Vx

Comment

Thanks Dennis - I will say that around here - I have seen beans make more after a little bit of dicamba drift on them - It seems to shorten the bean plant and it puts on more pods than going to growth of the plant .

Comment

AND THE LIST GROWS----------------------------------------------------dave-----------------------------------------------------The agriculture departments in Missouri and Arkansas, ground zero in the ongoing challenges related to alleged dicamba misuse, on Friday each halted the sale and use of the product in their states. Arkansas’ ban is in effect for 120 days; Missouri officials say they’d like to reinstate applications during the current growing season, pending their investigation.
                            Missouri Agriculture Director Chris Chinn delivered a statement on the department’s*YouTube channel*Friday afternoon.
                            “(This) means distributors cannot sell dicamba products and more importantly it means that farmers should not apply dicamba products until we lift this order,” Chinn said in the video. She gave no indication of when exactly that order might be lifted.
                            The Missouri Soybean Association issued a statement saying more than 200,000 Missouri soybean acres currently show signs of suspected dicamba damage. “It’s clear that action is needed,” the state soybean checkoff president, Matt McCrate, said in the statement.

Comment

The sprayer "drivers" are pressing it...the suspect field mentioned above, sprayer driver got smart with me when I ask what he was spraying with,,,his word was generic for dicamba, and then
                              he informed me that the label was changed, he was also spraying with pwrmax and a couple other additives...will be checking later, he was loading sprayer on trailer after my noon break, temperature 100؛F and south breeze 10-14mph.

The thing is, it's a lot like guns, cars and women, use them the wrong way and it can be your butt in a sling!

the sting from dicamba is like the old boy who was growing soybeans before I knew what they were and telling me, a little hail does them some good, the right amount just pisses them off
                              and they start putting on seed ....big time! Of course, I have the experience of only sticks left after a hail storm, and then turned hot and dry and they never came back....

Comment

http://www.missouriruralist.com/crop...1d7df411360929

Comment

Working...
                                X