Don't Cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Cry

If you are a salesperson and don't show up in my yard or respond to to my inquiries about your product don't p!$$ and moan that I never buy from you saying I'm a jerk (I know I am so don't remind me). As sales people you should remember the the number one rule of business is the that customer is always right aND I like being the the customer.
    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

what"ca need maybe I can help-------------------------------dave

Comment

I don't need anything somebody else's money won't buy. But I heard over the weekend how I was getting bad mouthed in the neighborhood because I didn't buy seed from a local dealer that thought he was all that and a bag of chips. Wonder why I don't buy from them? Duuuuuuuuuh.

Comment

I love seed wars their is a different dealer around every corner-------------------------dave----------------I had some R1s

Comment

I like it when seed guys come around. I really like to give'em chit. they don't that we run the warehouse in our area for Golden Harvest

Comment

I was wondering what this thread was about.

Yup, it's seed selling season. All the sales people are freshly pumped up from the motivational speaker at the annual sales kick off meeting. Back in the day the company I was working with would fill two of my semi trailers with signs, posts, and all the promotional goodies and we would do a four or five state world wind, week long kick off meeting tour.

I would sit in on one of the pump me up meetings each year, sit there and wonder who the sam hill buys into the bull chitt they're peddling...as it would turn out pretty much everyone but me. Oh well, the meal was always real tasty.

Seed people have learned not to stop even stop in here. I'll call them if they have something I want...usually in April. Weird how a person can get some really deep price discounts in April.

Comment

Yeah I've told the seed guys I deal with if they don't have what I want because they are sold out, they must not be very good hybrids to begin with. They can't grow enough to sell.

Comment

I don't know which is worse, the full onslaught or the guy who I tried to order from last year. I called him once a month starting in august. In April he said this is my Spring price.( full list)

Comment

I don't mind salesmen, they have to talk to my Akita first. They don't seem to want to get out of the truck, I really can't figure it out. lol They don't even roll down the window of the truck to talk to me. With all these new college educated seed salesmen and the PIONEER groomed azzholes of all time you would think they would teach them how to speak to a dog of superior breeding. It's fun to watch these guys try and figure out if they should get out of their truck. lmao I wouldn't!

The only people I buy from are friends of my dog who have been introduced by me. No riff raff on my farm.

Comment

FR, apparently this person isn't an All-American in your book?

Comment

My Pioneer salesman is one of the better seed salesman that I deal with. He is an old guy, still does things the old school way even with all the Pioneer BS. How I don 't know, and don't care. He beats everyone's price. He's going to retire in couple years...I might have to retire also.

Everyone gets one chance at the order here for goods and services I want. Lowest price wins. I've been planting Pioneer for quite a few years now, the ole boy can get down and dirty on the price.

The neighbor and I have went to pricing seed much like Spirit airlines does their ticket pricing, start with a bare bones price and add extras on from there. Most companies won't do it...oh well.

We pick up from his warehouse, no returns, no replant policy, pay only for whatever traits and treatment we want, no cap. If it were up to me I would get the stuff in a single ply brown bulk bag if they would discount the price.

Why do we do this? Why should I pay my share for another persons replant seed because they were stupid enough to plant corn in March in MN and then blame the seed for their stupidity? If I screw up planting I'm man enough to admit it. Why should I pay share of return trucking and re-bagging of seed other people ordered and never planted if I don't want to return it. I can carry over seed and keep it in as good or better condition as the seed company...and I didn't pizz pound it by re-bagging. No promo items, unless he pays me to advertise for Pioneer. And last but not least, he won't see me at his open house for that "free" pork chop.

edit...I think he makes, or at least keeps more of his commission on our orders.
                      Last edited by 82; 08-17-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

If you nort boys don't get it ordered and in ware house early...those durn arky and luzzy farmers will use up all your seed, and you will only get their left overs...

Comment

Chit dennis, I've been accusing some of the seed Co. that all they are selling is floor sweepings anyway.

Comment

Not sure how much 85 to 100 day corn the Southern people plant, but the warehouses are full of one and two year old earlier day seed corn in my neighborhood. If your salesperson tells you there is shortage of earlier day corn, they are not telling the truth. The old Happala warehouse is even stacked to the roof...how many of you remember Happala seed company. They were one of the first breeding single crosses, even before Pioneer, and Funks.

The seed crop up Nort is not that great this year, quite a few pollination problems, the sweet corn hasn't been setting any records either, even under irrigation. Doesn't surprise me with the year we've had. But with record seed crop of the last couple years, the seed companies would not have to raise a crop for a year and still have plenty corn seed for the world to plant next year.

Comment

Never have understood why the seed corn companies are trying to sell corn right now anyway except that helps finance them . Ya , the corn may look nice but you still dont know the real yields , moisture levels , and test weights till you harvest . Then you know what really worked and what didn't .

Comment

Working...
                              X