Any have stern yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any have stern yet

Has anybody actually started harvesting corn or soy yet?
    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

they were picking is south Arkansas before the deluge they were ready here testing 18 to 22 Friday then owner rain started showing rain the rest of the week so ready but no start---------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

dave how close are the beans and whats all this rain going to do to them,any yield reports on the corn

Comment

Dave and his neighbors just finished planting soybeans steffy. You and I will be harvesting soybeans before them...I'm not kidding I saw them.

I hope they finished the work on that levee dave...you better stack a few more rotten logs in that depression where my traveling companion took that picture if you're getting any of that Louisiana type rain.

Comment

We are just about done cutting beans and started corn - Well till I woke up this morning : )))

Comment

Stef the main rain system stayed to owner east and proceeded through central AR so far we have received a inch and a half light rain still falling tem in the 70s beans have pods and still flowering from top to bottom and they are tall my wife is 5:4 and she can disappear in them barring no big wind event their will be a Steller bean crop in this area the corn crop not so much for corn hand samples Friday were running 18 to 22 some were starting today but not now rain all week chick plants are paying $.60 over dry land yield I believe will be 80 range irrigated 180 82 those late beans I showed you are now almost knee high and growing like crazy those last fields by the river where I sprayed for army worms have all lapped out now and are loading up----------------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

Good to hear your getting what sounds like the "just right" amount of rain 479...we're not, never thought I'd curse rain clouds in August.

All I know is the soybeans all looked pretty darn good when we were doing the crop tour 479. It still amazes you guys can plant 4.0 maturity soybeans or later in late June early July and get soybeans...I sure hope that log keeps the river out of them for the rest of season.

479 isn't exaggerating on the corn yields in his neighborhood, the heat really nailed them. Living on the Northern fringe of the corn belt I have never witnessed, or believed the damage heat can do to corn at the wrong time until I witnessed it first hand this summer on the 479 crop tour.

Make sure your wife takes that little Border Collie along when she goes into those soybean fields so she can find her way out.

Comment

hey Root you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ???-----------{Any have stern yet } I think it says anyone started yet-------------maybe--------------------------------------------------dave

Comment

From what I'm hearing now, boats will be coming down stream from the nort country if they get what is predicted...

Comment

Stupid auto correct on dumb phone.
                    Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

Working...
                    X