Rain makes grain !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain makes grain !!!!

1 1/2" rain so far today.....big corn and bean yields are coming !!!!

Don't be too concerned......we will always be the grain farmer wan-na -bees up here in "The Nort "

John

John...don't be such a rain hog, we got about .6 and could use some more.

Comment

1 1/2 inches?? Sheet. We had that by 1AM, by 5:30 we had 5 inches of rain. Still humid as looozeanna. Storms building in the west, flash flood watch posted so probably won't get a drop.

Comment

Still dry here - has been a few pop ups close that dumped 3 inchs or more - but just a sprinkle on us - funny thing the other day - I was mowing road sides here at my place - its about 3/4 of a mile from dad's where we keep all the equipment - I turned around and headed back west and damit - a wall of water to the west - well Northwest a little - Ken said well it look like your going to get wet - so mowed back up to the house then headed home - turned north to go to dads and I could not see the house north of dads ( about a 1/2 mile ) yet not a drop on me - I drove up there after a parked - it was like somebody drew a line on the road - dry on one side , water setting on the other - so the north side of the plot ( fungicide part ) got rain and the N plot got none - A friend with some kind of weather app . said it shows we got a 1/2 on the north end -

Comment

still awaiting for God to cry on my crops, wanna here them Angels bowling first.....

Comment

the bean market will fall out now we are to receive 3 to 5 by Monday beans are already head high------------------------------dave

Comment

They must make the girls in Iowa taller than there in Arkansas...have a couple pics of an Iowian tromping her hubbies crop down just so he can get a picture of her.
              Now if I could post pictures!

Comment

It's so they can touch bottom ad they push floating caskets out of the way.
                Don't get tripped by what's behind you

Comment

D479,won't 5 inches of rain flatten beans that tall,how close to harvest are you

Comment

Come on steffy, the question should be, how long have the beans been planted...a neighbor of 479s was planting last week...

Continues cropping in Arkansas...

Comment

he's the one that said they were head tall

Comment

Soooooo....Ken....Is rain making grain today in the great state of Indiana ?????????

John

Comment

Well he11 yes it is ! lmao - To this point - we have got 4.5 inch's - so that should make corn at 411.835 bpa -- - Beans - maybe 175.798 bpa ! I know these are low numbers compared to iadave , King , Duke and YOU but this is pretty poor dirt right here .

Comment

Well...........I don't know how iadave changes the numbers but King ,Duke and I would have too add our numbers together to come close too yours !!!! Just think what your numbers would have been if you would have gotten off the couch 3 weeks earlier and planted on time ........I know....I know....too wet and that damn elbow !!!!

John

Comment

White mold, black birds Destroying what looked like decent crops. The crops look pretty good from the road. But that green color is not morphing into green cash. So Ken's big yields will be needed to break even. 300bu corn with no buyers and no chance of profit sux.

BTW, jccwis has better crops the my neighbor hood chitthole

Comment

Working...
                              X