• Show
Clear All

• pldairy
    replied
    holder down Dan ,ya don't want to get over heated LOL

Leave a comment:

• dan11
    replied
    Holy Crap , The thermometer must be broke . It says 45 !!!!!!! It ain't gone that high since last July . You'd think I was living in the sweet spot of East Central Indiana .

Leave a comment:

• ECI
    replied
    PL - You do have a point - lol

Leave a comment:

• pldairy
    replied
    Originally posted by ECI View Post
    So far - this week we have had about every kind of weather - The only thing we have not had is T-storms and tornado's - but there is still time for them to come in the near future - lol A little recap - Had the heavy snow - then yesterday morning - just a little freezing rain here - but to the north they got it pretty good for a few hours - then we had very dense fog in the afternoon hours , then heavy rain - dam it poured all night here - now we are on the line for snow - were on the line of 1 to 2 - OR - 3 to 5 - - at least we are not going to get what Louisville is going to get = freezing rain then heavy snow = up to a foot - BTW it did get up to 43 here yesterday - Zero Friday morning , Like I said - you all are lucky to live where you do - lol Thinking about moving to a warmer climate - Like the U.P. lmao

Have a good one !
    well ECI, ya went and did it ! you bought a truck, think about it!!!! as soon as you got that truck the weather went south!!!!! LMAO!!! your welcome for the snow and crap!!!!!!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• pldairy
    replied
    roads are improved, just have to watch out for all the ponds, but by Thursday- Friday am we will be sub 0 again

Leave a comment:

• ECI
    replied
    So far - this week we have had about every kind of weather - The only thing we have not had is T-storms and tornado's - but there is still time for them to come in the near future - lol A little recap - Had the heavy snow - then yesterday morning - just a little freezing rain here - but to the north they got it pretty good for a few hours - then we had very dense fog in the afternoon hours , then heavy rain - dam it poured all night here - now we are on the line for snow - were on the line of 1 to 2 - OR - 3 to 5 - - at least we are not going to get what Louisville is going to get = freezing rain then heavy snow = up to a foot - BTW it did get up to 43 here yesterday - Zero Friday morning , Like I said - you all are lucky to live where you do - lol Thinking about moving to a warmer climate - Like the U.P. lmao

Have a good one !

Leave a comment:

• dan11
    replied
    Ya Dennis , they will freeze as hard as a rock . Will turn to mush when they thaw out . Reefer trailers heat or cool depending on the temp you have them set at . I usually set the temp around 45 depending on the weather . I have hauled taters in -25 degree air temps with no problems . So long as the reefer unit works every thing is good . I worry more about bulk potatoes than palleted do to air flow issues .

Leave a comment:

• dennis1
    replied
    Thanks jd-g, I hadn't seen those before, but was what I had imagined...similar to what used to happen with semi grain trailers before the "invention" hopper bottoms, and
    how grain was emptied from box cars..only a little different

Was wondering if the taters would get frozen if hauled in a hopper bottom...after my experience with railroad gravel to an ethanol plant several years ago

Leave a comment:

• johndeere-girl
    replied
    Originally posted by dennis1 View Post
    Dan11 and/or jd-g

What kind of trailer is used for hauling "taters" ?
    Dennis think I have put these on before....this is how they unload bulk potatoes.

350.jpg351.jpg355.jpg

Leave a comment:

• johndeere-girl
    replied
    Originally posted by pldairy View Post
    hope you are out of here this am , the weather doesn't look good. snow ,going to rain ,then to freezing rain, in Ohio, down by Lima they are supost to get 1/2" of ice today
    Made it home late last night, roads were great....headed out again tomorrow. Roads should be good by then hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• pldairy
    replied
    Originally posted by johndeere-girl View Post
    Yes a reefer trailer. This load is bulk, you back the trailer on a lift and unhook. Then they lift trailer in air to unload. Try to getting some pics. Next load is palleted and all bagged ready to hit the store.
    Sunny here and so far good roads.
    hope you are out of here this am , the weather doesn't look good. snow ,going to rain ,then to freezing rain, in Ohio, down by Lima they are supost to get 1/2" of ice today

Leave a comment:

• johndeere-girl
    replied
    Originally posted by dennis1 View Post
    Dan11 and/or jd-g

What kind of trailer is used for hauling "taters" ?
    Yes a reefer trailer. This load is bulk, you back the trailer on a lift and unhook. Then they lift trailer in air to unload. Try to getting some pics. Next load is palleted and all bagged ready to hit the store.
    Sunny here and so far good roads.

Leave a comment:

• jccwis
    replied
    Thanks 82......I feel warmer already !!!!

John

Leave a comment:

replied
    Wonder what the real estate taxes are on those two places.

Last edited by 82; 03-01-2015, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    No snow down here today.

Pirate Princess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X