The Winter 2014-15 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winter 2014-15 Thread

Winter weather is already upon us. Some places are getting a foot or more of snow today, and most of the U.S. is looking at 20+ degrees below normal this week.

So let's hear your weather stories. Who's survived the biggest snows? The coldest weather? The craziest storms?

I was a proud participant of the 2011 Midwest Snowpacalypse. (My friends preferred calling it Snowtorious B.I.G.) It was the one that dumped 18-20 inches over a wide geography and made downtown Chicago look like this:

http://www.netnebraska.org/basic-pag...blizzard-48-49

Comment

Big Allis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvaYWArTTU0

Comment

There is this white stuff in the air, along with wind and cold...someone up nort did NOT close the damned door! Began the
        white stuff at 8:30pm...so ECI may miss seeing it fall..

Comment

still warm dry and cozie here, they say this afternoon its to change

Comment

Another pretty morning here to PL - just a little breeze thou - Mowed the yard late yesterday afternoon - still pretty green here , last year here in sunny East Central IN - I mowed on the first day Dec. - then the next day we had 8 inch's of snow - that s u c ked ! Thanks to them Northern Azzholes ! = jjc , Dan , Larrydc , King , Duke , Glowplug , Nodaddy , Dr, 82, And the biggest Azzhole - Dairyfarmn ! Sorry if I missed any other of you Northern azzhole - It would be sunny and 75 every day here if not for you guys !

Comment

It was 82 deg here yesterday. Woke up to 21 deg and north wind howling. Shut the door Dennis and 48!

Comment

After 1/2 inch of rain Sunday, the NE wind blew in early Mon. morning. We're clear and just above freezing, but its 40-50 MPH this morning. The gameplan is to cut grass this afternoon, and hope the wind dies down unuf by Thursday to chop it and not have it all blow away, and beat the rain that's predicted. I don't recall ever harvesting anything in Nov. before, except pasture.

Comment

I thought I lived in the weather *****hole, but now, I'm not so sure......sort of making it look like the Garden of Eden down here.

Comment

Was 12 deg this am but just a skiff of snow. Send that 12-18" down here...please.

Comment

Originally posted by 48 View Post
                      Was 12 deg this am but just a skiff of snow. Send that 12-18" down here...please.
                      just bit you tounge 48.........if in you get snow,it finds its way here,and WE don't need it,lots of wet corn here to get done yet

Comment

Originally posted by 48 View Post
                        You can have every damn inch of these sh*t!!!

Comment

Weather is a good thing, never want it to stay the same for too long. Even Palm Springs wants it to rain once in a while. Very windy here yesterday but warm temps for NOV. 11. Put a little plastic siding on the room addition, boy that was interesting, about blew me off the walkboard.

Bins are full to the roof here, several finished up last couple of days. One BTO has 2000 corn to run yet, will put it in their new 450K bin just finished today or so. Forget how many yards of concrete they put under that puppy, a bunch.

Comment

It was 10 deg this am. BUT...check this out...supposed to get down to 2 deg tomorrow am. Really feel sorry for the cattle out on corn and milo stalks. Fortunately, the wind is not supposed to blow hard. nodaddy in WI used to crack me up when she talked about KS down in the SOUTH.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X