No announcement yet.

The Winter 2014-15 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liked your pics there 82. Reminded me of my old 77 GMC. Small block 350 with a big Holley on top. Never got it where it wouldn't go. I thought I did once going through a deep drift (think cut in the hill). I hadn't been able to see for a couple minutes and it quit on me. I tried opening the door , no luck. I rolled the window down and reached up. Sure enough all I could reach was snow.
    I though about it a couple minutes and let the snow around the motor melt. She fired back up and away we went. The motor just simply ran out of air!

Comment

Winter is really kicking and screaming up here today . M-28 and US-2 , the east ,west highways across the U.P. are closed down as are many other highways . A lot of the back roads are totally impassible except by tractor , maybe . We got up to the grand high of 7 after being at 0 this morning . Winds are at 25-35 mph sustained with higher gusts . We may be -20 or colder tonight actual temp .
      I am glad I'm not out on the highways this weekend with so many roads being closed . I'd bet the Mackinaw Bridge is probably closed too .
      After today Feb is half over with . The days are noticeably longer . I guess better weather is coming .

017.jpg013.jpg

Comment

It won't be long and I will be telling the kid I won't drive the truck without A/C any more... I hope!

Comment

Wonder how the Polar bears are doing up north? All that ice melting up there because of Climate change you know. I'm sure there's probably very little ice left for them, NOT!!!

Comment

Darn Dan!!!!!!!! turn the fans off all, ready, we are about as cold as you - 15 on the milkhouse this am I don't mind the cold ,but this wind crap is nasty

Comment

Is the weather chick lying, or is it really that cold in middieland? Ken might need 2 block heaters + a heated shop for that new chariot. Did the fancy lettering freeze off yet?

Comment

Yeah Percy - here in the heart of chitty weather county - Its dang cold - 2 inchs of blowing snow last night - this morning - now wind chill advisory out for us now - 15 to 25 below - J is out in this crap - afraid to call him - lol near white out conditions as I type - iadave , Dan and TJ are lucky they don't have to work in this !

Comment

I'm tired of cold... I'm tired of winter... so far it wasn't that bad during Dec and Jan (though Nov was real cold)... but it is all coming back with a vengeance now. All I want is sunshine and summertime
                  [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
                  "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Comment

no snow here all winter,just cold and windy.

Comment

Same as steffy here. The temp has actually been dropping all day. Currently 1*F with a brisk wind of course.

A quick trucking tip for you ECI when you have hired guns winter driving over the road...No news is good news. For you buddy, no charge.

Comment

So, it is -1 with a windchill of -35, and all the weather skanks and jerk wads are talking about is snow and cold in Boston/NYC and everyone went to school here in MN. A month or so ago, the weather skanks and jerk wads were all talking about the BRUTAL cold in MN and midwest, it was -10 with -30 windchills and schools called off school.

A real WTF moment here.

Apparently those buses with parts made in Mexico listen to the weather channel so they don't know it's cold now?????

Comment

Don't have a coronary on us, DRYFRMNM. The weather folks are just sensationalists, with EVERYTHING described as record hottest, coldest, hardest, wettest, earliest, latest, and all those things can only go back to when computers were invented. Those folks have no memory, only recall.

Comment

ya where did Global Warming Go? LMAO!!!!!!! heck this weather is normal for us

Comment

Here's a Forecast for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY71TAIzX_8

Comment

-34 in Iron River this morning.....that was air temp, not with the wind chill. -19 here at our house. M-28 closed for 2nd day in a due to white outs conditions. All schools closed. Just living the dream ECI!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X