• Show
Clear All

I love that graphic!
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Comment

Originally posted by PotterB View Post
      The next big cold snap is on its way:

Those windchills are WARM!!!! But what you expect it is January.

Comment

Last spring, I believe 82 posted a very good weather graphic about Minnesoda weather. it sorta looked like an extended finger graphic.

I believe that graphic did a great job of depicting Midwest weather

BTW Wisconsin windchills are worse than those pictured.

Tonight much worse

I was tired of winter before thanksgiving

Now damned tired of cold/snow/windchills

F U WINTER

Comment

The only positive thing about winter is how good it feels when it's over. Days are getting longer. Less than three months of winter left. Start marking those days off the calendar.
          Last edited by Agnut; 01-06-2015, 06:07 PM.

Comment

hope spring starts here the 1 st day of march

Comment

About 10 degrees this morning in mid-Missouri. While we waited for the bus, my girls and I tried freezing bubbles. It actually works - if you have children or grandchildren, it's definitely worth trying out. The big ones tended to blow away or break into slushy pieces as they froze. Here's the best one we did...

Comment

The schools were all closed or late start today up Nort here because it was cold. It was only -8*F, no wind. I'm sitting here thinking, man kids are wimpy nowadays, schools never closed back in my day because of cold, snow yes, but never cold. Then I thought maybe, my memory of how bad the winters used to be is fading. So I dug out a couple pics my mother took of a much younger 82 enjoying a school closing day, back in you guessed it, 1982.

My '68 F-250 had done her best. It had a bored out 390, 650 Holley, 38" Denman Ground Hawgs, and a 4" 82 built lift.(U joints didn't last long)Even with the help of my trusty Border Collie named Fritz, the young 82 couldn't dig himself out. So what did he do? Fired up the 1206. Couldn't mash my way thru the drift with V plow, good thing dad had a snow blower on the back. Look at how deep the drift is, the 1206 had 38" rubber on it. Even if he made all the way up the driveway, how in the sam hill did the young 82 think he was going to conquer that drift?

What was 82 doing out on such a crappy day, when even the schools were closed and snow plows couldn't run you're asking yourself. He had sold his forty acres of soybeans and had to go trade snowmobiles, brand new 1982 TXL in the box. I had to finish the assembly, you could buy them cheaper that way. That TXL didn't stay new very long if I remember right.

Comment

I'm cold!'!!

Comment

u KNOW 82, It DID USED TO BE fun TO DO THAT CHIT, TODAY, I siding with Peeler..

todays cold got to my fingers from yesteryears fun!

Comment

cold for here -3 wind chill-------------------dave

Comment

Originally posted by 82 View Post
                        The schools were all closed or late start today up Nort here because it was cold. It was only -8*F, no wind. I'm sitting here thinking, man kids are wimpy nowadays, schools never closed back in my day because of cold, snow yes, but never cold. Then I thought maybe, my memory of how bad the winters used to be is fading. So I dug out a couple pics my mother took of a much younger 82 enjoying a school closing day, back in you guessed it, 1982.

My '68 F-250 had done her best. It had a bored out 390, 650 Holley, 38" Denman Ground Hawgs, and a 4" 82 built lift.(U joints didn't last long)Even with the help of my trusty Border Collie named Fritz, the young 82 couldn't dig himself out. So what did he do? Fired up the 1206. Couldn't mash my way thru the drift with V plow, good thing dad had a snow blower on the back. Look at how deep the drift is, the 1206 had 38" rubber on it. Even if he made all the way up the driveway, how in the sam hill did the young 82 think he was going to conquer that drift?

What was 82 doing out on such a crappy day, when even the schools were closed and snow plows couldn't run you're asking yourself. He had sold his forty acres of soybeans and had to go trade snowmobiles, brand new 1982 TXL in the box. I had to finish the assembly, you could buy them cheaper that way. That TXL didn't stay new very long if I remember right.
                        Not ALL schools were closed today. The school where my kids go to and my wife works had school today. I just shake my head as I watch and listen to the school closings and then here the news spewers give ideas of what to do with the kids..... you know take them to mall or water park or whatever, WTF? If they can get bundled up and go have fun, why can't they go to school????

Comment

You want your kids going to school ...... on a bus who's engine is controlled by components made in Mexico while Mexicans come up here to get our DT466 6 speed Spicer jobs for themselves .......in this weather?

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoAtlarge View Post
                            You want your kids going to school ...... on a bus who's engine is controlled by components made in Mexico while Mexicans come up here to get our DT466 6 speed Spicer jobs for themselves .......in this weather?
                            What is the difference of them being in a school bus controlled by components in Mexico vs. being in a car controlled by components made in Mexico and China????

I had to run and get a blower switch for one of my tractors. You know how many car loads of teenagers I saw in the neighboring town driving around this afternoon? LOTS! If they can drive to the mall or friends houses might as well drive to school. Lots of these schools that closed or were delayed today had buses hauling kids to sporting events the night before, I understand the concern with the kids waiting at the bus stop, and walking to school, but if parents changed plans to be home with kids today, couldn't they have done the same and been to work an hour late?

We've had this weather before and we will have it again.

Comment

Kids are on their own, you want to be splaining a cam sensor on a 444e to a "concerned" parent?

Comment

Come hell or high water, you need to roll within a 3 minute window or parents *****.

Comment

Working...
                                X