No announcement yet.

The Winter 2014-15 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if Potter knew this was coming when he started this thread... http://mashable.com/2014/11/20/buffa...xzc3VuaG1mNSJ9

Comment

That Buffalo NY snow storm is insane. The weather people are predicting 60*F temps for the area in the next few days with rain. I'm sure some flooding will be inevitable. What a mess.

Comment

If they do get that warm rain, it will probably be a bigger mess than what just snow made. When our corner of the world has that happen, its hard to imagine how FAST that softer, fresh snow can disappear...into a lake!! Remember, flood insurance and COLLAPSE insurance are NOT included under normal insurances. Its not the best time to have a basement.

Comment

Verb, amazing pictures.

thanks

Originally posted by verbatime View Post
          Wonder if Potter knew this was coming when he started this thread... http://mashable.com/2014/11/20/buffa...xzc3VuaG1mNSJ9

Comment

Our 10-12" of snow have now settled to about 6" . This morning we had 4 below . Tomorrow it is supposed to warm up and start raining by late afternoon . Rain for a couple days , then the bottom falls out of the thermometer again . Just what we need .
            This is getting to be a long winter already and it hasn't officially started .

Comment

60 degrees today here in Iowa! The dry spots are wet now from condensation. The 4-5 inches of snow we had is all gone. I see tonight tillage has resumed.

Comment

Woke up to 40*F this morning. I think yesterday was the first day we've had above freezing for almost three weeks. We've been 20* below our normal temps for this time of year.

Comment

Nice fall day here to - 57 - and today too , Boy we may live in some suCky states in the winter - BUT -- BUT --- NOT as sucky as New York ! Now that would be a ***** !

Comment

Whenever people abandon their cars in a drift, why do they LOCK it, and take the KEY? Whose gwanna steal that thing? So I come along and want to dig/pull it outta the road
                    , in a driving blizzard, and nothing turns. You end up having to lift it with the loader while hooked to the frame[ what frame!!] cuz its totally packed in. IF there is no ditch, AND the ground is frozen, we can leave it.... just go around it.

Comment

Percy, I always wondered that too.

A few yrs. back someone was stuck in my laneway and no keys and doors locked, I just hooked up the chain and drug it out of the drift, they slide really easy on the snow. I think they got the message because I never heard from them.

Comment

I read a story yesterday that the cold weather the last couple of years is no fluke but actually a trend,temps have bee cooling not warming and will continue to cool peaking some were between 2020-2030,resulting in shortages of food and fuel,the climate change wackos'have it very wrong.and have wasted the last 8 years to correct the problem,a so called solar hibernation is to blame as the sun goes into a period of inactivity similar to the late 1700-early 1800 and the years without summer,then today another article measuring ice in he anartica at 7-10 meters when is was only thought to be 1 meter,

Comment

Maybe AlGore will return the 25 Billion in fraudulant profits he made in the past decade,

Comment

db, Al's got that all ate up in twinkies thats why they had to start making them again. man you see how fat he got

Comment

that reminds me of an old joke I heard again this past week end...

Former KU football coach, now Iowa defense...Mark Mangino was traveling back to Lawrence, had exited interstate for
                              some "down time"...so at the quick shop, he asked the cashier how to get back to 435 and the cashier responded by saying,
                              "first put the all the twinkies and other candies back on the shelf". Sorry, it's still funny to me.

Comment

The next big cold snap is on its way:

Comment

Working...
                                X