48- Dennis1 --ses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48- Dennis1 --ses

Just was looking at the weather maps !!!!!!!!!! Looks like 3-6 inch of snow in your area ??? This can't be good for that milo , so how do you get it in now ???? snow blower ??? Good luck out there , Ken

kma

Comment

it's a little windy here 36f no wet stuff yet

Comment

Originally posted by verbatime View Post
        kma
        Oh sorry verb , LMAO looks like a bad day to bang nails outside .

Comment

ECI, **** the milo.... here is the what I'm looking at... and it is suppose to get down to 18f overnight... as the resident weather man and concrete expert...

I am asking you ECI.... should I cover the concrete I poured yesterday at mid day?

Comment

more information for you to chew on if you give concrete advice...

Comment

I'm going to say if it only gets into teens briefly I don't need to cover it... what do you think doc?

Comment

I'm sure those other three guys are out picking milo right now.

Comment

Supposed to have winds today at 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph but no white stuff. No harvesting of cotton or milo here today.

Comment

What we have done before with a young slab, and cold weather....cover it with 3 inches of sawdust, or if its blowing,flood it. Keep the water running all nite...of course, we're use to working in the mud!!!

Comment

It's snowing and blowing now. I finished milo yesterday but still waiting on the corn to dry down. Maybe the cold tonight will finally freeze the crap. This will be Hell on the milo, we're supposed to get 50 mph winds with this wet snow. Most of it already had big patches that went down. It ain't gonna be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by verbatime View Post
                        more information for you to chew on if you give concrete advice...

Boy verb , bad timeing , huh ? lol I would call the contcret company and seewhat they think , did you add any calcuim to it ??
                        If it were me , because i have luck like sh1t , I'd probably cover it with something , Straw and a tarp ? or is it to windy ? Good luck , Ken

Comment

We didn't quite get done with milo...but what was left was already down...couldn't see in the dust with or without lights, so
                          brought the combine home for under a roof treatment...easier to start with a dry combine, than wet "stuff" already hiding
                          in the cracks....this am about 4, looked like maybe IF I had the combine in the field by day light...might get the last 10 acres,
                          BUT before daylight, saw a flash...damn, then another...NOOOOO..NOT a second coming YET..lightening, and close, so
                          fed the cats, and grandson's calf and headed for the wells..first "moisture" was pellets...then sprinkles in the 35 mph wind,
                          with the wind over night, what was sorta standing isn't now, but need any moisture we can get...at last glance at the gauge,
                          over 3/8 of an inch. The empty semi will hold what is left, the other two will get to set for a day or two before I creep out
                          on these slick roads...nothing slicker than snot on a door knob, unless it's a slick road!

verby, how big a piece of mud did you pour? do you listen to weather forecasts? WHY the fk did you do that with
                          this in the forecast...you must enjoy extra work!/or just want something the ***** about

Comment

Weell, I finally got the mouse nests cleaned out of my ChevC60 bobtail heater working last night. The MF'ers chewed part of the plastic blower away, and the new one was too long. I put it all back together, and it works great. The only good mouse is like a Stein. I had mouse/rat packets in it, but apparently they eat the stuff like candy. I'm in no hurry to cut this hailed out corn fiasco. When the hail opened the canopy, the Palmer took it, and I wanted a hard freeze on the Palmer anyway. I'm not going to need a semi to cut this fiasco, so I left it on the bullrack. And, my tandem and other bobtail are full of SB in the shop. It rained/snowed all morning, but very little stuck. If I had a penny for every time I've seen a cornhead run over the top of snow, I would be rich. lol.

Comment

verb: LMAO. I know you are smart enough to order it with Quick Set and cover it with plastic weighted down by sand/dirt. Did I ever tell you about the time I helped my neighbor build a garage out in the Mojave Desert in July where it got over 110 deg every day, and he ordered the concrete with Quick Set. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X