Rain! 'bout freakin' time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain! 'bout freakin' time!

We caught a nice inch ten yesterday, raining now and looks like it will be raining for quite a while yet. The radar shows rain way down to west central Texas. Hope Doc Ballard wakes up to some mud oozzing between his toes from sleep walking thinking he needs to make a run to the outhouse.

Friday we had lots of wind and lots of fields were blowing, even the notill stuff was blowing. This should get the wheat out of the ground.

nothing here yet maybe monday you guys realy needed it -----------------------dave

Comment

We have pretty decent subsoil moisture from the rains we got in August but were getting awfully dry on top. You don't have to go far south of us and see those boys were in really bad shape. Lots of wheat was planted hoping for a rain and lots still to be planted. I hope this thing drags all the way across the plains. We're over two inches now for two days and still raining.

Comment

1.90 here at the house so far, Biggest rain we've had in over 2 years. Bring more on!

Comment

I've only heard of this mysterious stuff you call rain, haven't actually seen it. Can you explain what it is, ses.

Comment

Dman since tonight is a Saturday night and coincides with you weekly bath I would suggest you take a shower instead of the usual tub in the middle of the floor thing you normally do. Just in case you don't know what a shower is....well....a shower is a lot like rain....but you don't know what rain is... Jeeze....forget it, you'd probably drown anyway.

Comment

Are you suggesting that Dman might continue to look up after his nostrils fill up?

Comment

You are still ahead of us ses, but glad you are getting what you are, and we may catch up IF Doc Ballard and all the "udders" sout
                da rivr don't get greedy...Damar was ahead of us at 7 am, but look further west...Hoaxy at 7.0? Grainfield was 5.05 Colby
                almost 2.

we had 61/100 at 7 am and got home awhile ago, 0.35 in the gauge.

Comment

Just a litle over 1 inch now. However it is slow. Heavy stuff just south of us today. Certainly a blessing and am eternally thankful. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Dennis, I don't have to go outside except to pee. Have you ever heard of indoor plumbing?

Comment

Finally went out and looked and we didn't get quite as much as I thought, just 1.4 today and 1.1 yesterday. I'm glad we didn't get the rain they did west of us. 5to 7 inches this time of year would make for some pretty late planting. They just have light stuff in the forecast now so maybe we can be back in the field by middle of next week or so.

Hope Doc and the boys down south hooked a nice rain too.

Comment

Weeeellll, I don't believe in dusting wheat in...so I was waiting for a rain. Got 1.10 Thur. Thought hot damn! Weeelll...since Thur...4.70. When it rains it pours. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 48 View Post
                        Weeeellll, I don't believe in dusting wheat in...so I was waiting for a rain. Got 1.10 Thur. Thought hot damn! Weeelll...since Thur...4.70. When it rains it pours. lol.
                        That was a little more than you needed,huh! We tried to plant to moisture, about 2-3 inches deep. Some was coming up, what hadn't sprouted, who knows what we'll end up with. Looks like a strip from Leoti up towards Hoxie got way too much! Northern third of Kansas is still doing a whole lot better on moisture than the southern 2/3.

Comment

I've been down your way this summer/fall, Rand R and all I can say is...OH My Dod! Even as bad as you guys were I think east around Dodge is even worse. That country looks like the dead of winter. I think they did catch a rain through there a few weeks ago though. Still about everything south of I 70 looks pretty rough across most of the state. I'm sure OK and Texas is even worse.

Comment

What you mean shower, ses? Saw one of those fancy things in a hotel once. Was scared to use it. I mean when the wife gives ya a bath every night, how do ya beat that.

Comment

Glad to hear you all are getting some much needed rain.

Comment

Working...
                              X