Cutting Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Beans

Started yesterday Afternoon and Boy oh boy are they dusty ! OF coruse I was cutting north and south and the wind was out of the north most of the day , could see about two feet in front of the reel , lol
    first field went 52 and the second at 46 , pretty dang good for no rain , mush have been Kansas seed beans . Funny thing , low ground was cutting at 65 then go over a high spot and they went down to 32 they just needed a drink in Aug.

Everybody have a good one and be SAFE , Ken

ECI, glad to hear you are pleased with your beans. The wind is blowing her today and it sounds like that is what you needed yesterday to move the dust.

Comment

I am glad you got going Ken, now you can fill that Bunge plant.
      Larry

Comment

Ken's phone call late in the day yesterday...bragging on his yields, just knew there would be a post here this morning...
        he can have all the wind he wants, donated from Kansass today!
        AND
        all the other DANGER warnings..fire, and with the low humidity and WIND, it's when chit happens

Coongrates on your yields Ken, here NEXT to the desert, if we had been able to avoid all the consecutive days of 100 plus,
        AND a timely rainfall amount of significance, maybe our bean yields wouldn't be so variable. Able to see the SPOTTY
        rainfall effects across every field so far.

Good luck everyone!
        stay safe!

Comment

Started cutting beans yesterday. Got 5.4 acres cut. They are turning out better then we thought (59) on the worst side of the field. I am gonna try to get another 6 acres run today with this 2388. Ken, can you not call today, TIA.

I too wish everyone a great, safe harvest...
          Life is Good!

Comment

Ken, was that over at New Port? We also started yesterday. No yield monitor and dumping them in the bin, I think something in the low 50s. These are the 3.2s. I think the 3.8s will be better.

Comment

You guys make me sick.I've always wished for "Beans in the Teens" and this year Mother Nature gave them to me.If you all have any extra beans bring them here. I have plenty of room.

Comment

Glad to hear you guys at it , hope to start maybe on Thur. we plant mostly 1.7s alot 1.4s three nights ago it froze pretty hard. so everything is ripe now.
                have a safe harvest you guys

Duke

Comment

Originally posted by r3020 View Post
                  Ken, was that over at New Port? We also started yesterday. No yield monitor and dumping them in the bin, I think something in the low 50s. These are the 3.2s. I think the 3.8s will be better.
                  No Ron they were just south of dads , they were 3.2 's Over at freeport i think I will just turn off the moniter , LOL There sad !

Comment

I DONTHAVE soybeans this year, but neighbors who last year had a 80-100BU, this year a 30-40bu.

Comment

Ken--I'll be out in the dark in the morning, thanks for checking back on the fire to our SE---and in the moment of
                      moving things, I FORGOT to ask about the fire in your neighborhood...FYI our local fire was started by a baler, lucky
                      chit burned some of his grass bales, but mostly a neighbors wheat stubble---our east line was just to the west of the fire,
                      just pizzed off people now. Ken can explain...I'm tired and on the first beer!

Comment

Was a 80 acre field of beans that burned up to the north and west of here, along with the new Case combine.

Comment

Originally posted by dennis1 View Post
                          Ken--I'll be out in the dark in the morning, thanks for checking back on the fire to our SE---and in the moment of
                          moving things, I FORGOT to ask about the fire in your neighborhood...FYI our local fire was started by a baler, lucky
                          chit burned some of his grass bales, but mostly a neighbors wheat stubble---our east line was just to the west of the fire,
                          just pizzed off people now. Ken can explain...I'm tired and on the first beer!
                          Dennis , never did hear anything on the smoke here , after I talked to you BIG black smoke to the East , phone rang off the hook from neighbors , no news on that one either .

All I know is the bean dust is very fine , like powder , must be from the dry summer , blew the machine off last night , dust 3-4 inchs thick in places .
                          Better get broke a bolt on the 12 inch unload at the bins ----------------------------------------- on top .

Everybody be safe and don't F anything up ! LOL

Comment

Ken called me yesterday and told me that he called to ensure the JINX lived on... Well maybe kens bad luck has left? Rann all day with no problems. Well I have a few small issues but nothing to prevent me from cutting beans.

RCR: Yeah we really thought we would have ended up with 35-40 bu beans at best. Still today we have alott of 2 bean pods but our late rains filled the beans....we all big beans.
                            Life is Good!

Comment

Back in, still dark....Ken, NOTICE the ag leader adv in the rt hand column...boy are they sucking up...look what
                              kind of sprayer the "integra" has been ""inserted""

Just for info...when everyone gets the time, and I may have posted this address before,

precisionag.com

might be a good one to put in the tech thread, Anna, Greg and Sara don't have (Kansass)soybean dust in their bonnets,
                              so they can relay the message if warranted..

Comment

Working...
                              X