+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cattle warts

Junior Member 03078 is on a distinguished road

Cattle warts

I have a 300 lb. dairy steer that has dozens and dozens of warts on his face, neck, and shoulders. I have never seen a case this bad, and am wondering what causes this problem, and how do you treat this problem.

Thanks,

Moderator ses is on a distinguished road ses's Avatar
    Do you have a lot of frogs in your pens? That would be the first thing I would check. Maybe the frogs are using the calf's face for a pissin' post.Anybody knows frog pee causes warts.

Reminds me of the guy who carried a frog around in his pants pocket trying to get a wart .....well you know where, for the ladies enhanced pleasure. Didn't work though. Must be certain kinds of frogs that gives warts. Maybe somebody else can step in and help.

Boy is my face red. Turns out frogs have nothing to do with your calf's warts. Bummer.

http://cattletoday.info/warts.htm

Senior Member villageidiot is on a distinguished road
    Crushing them, but not yanking them off acts as a vaccination ( releasing another round of virus in the animal, I suppose). They seem to clear up with time after that process.

Wouldn't recommend that procedure to ses's friend on that certain appendage without professional (ho or MD, either would probably work, similar cost, don't know about insurance re-imbursement)

Senior Member Kansascowman is on a distinguished road
    Village, I thought I recalled the vet telling me to crush a few with my pliers, but I actually thought ses knew what he was talking about on the frog pee deal, and felt maybe I really didn't know anything about warts at all. Shame on you ses, you had me going.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[i]Originally posted by Kansascowman[/i]
    [br]Village, I thought I recalled the vet telling me to crush a few with my pliers, but I actually thought ses knew what he was talking about on the frog pee deal, and felt maybe I really didn't know anything about warts at all. Shame on you ses, you had me going.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

lmao. what a gulla bull.

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    My feedlot buddy hits warts with an electric branding iron
    when he's processing them in the squeeze chute when they
    come off the bullrack. Occasionally, they bleed profusely.
    He just hits it with the electric branding iron again and
    cauterizes it.

ses: Thanx for the URL. That's handy.

Senior Member Kansascowman is on a distinguished road
    Well, my bubble is burst SES. I did believe everything you said without question. Now, I have to think about what you say before I automatically accept it as fact. You WERE to me what Obama is to MSNBC.

KCM: You are a really nice guy. Probably too nice for a$$holes
    like us. I feel bad about this, and I didn't even do it. lol.