Page 249 of 249 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2490

Thread: Marketing 2017

before one gets to bearish grains you need to take a look at some other commods,copper,palladium cotton,making contract highs,crude at $60.this tells me the global economies are doing better,demand has been built with low prices.funds could come in after the 1st of the year and look for bargins,US$ is flirting with recent lows,which should keep US grains competitive ,All is not gloom and doom,still feel wheat will go first with record fund shorts and cold blast affecting large area

If TAS was as smart as he would have us believe he'd be 100% in Bitcoin. Just saying.

Db I could care less about Bitcoin.
    I'm no smarter then any one else, I do spent alot of time on markets an really enjoy it.
    I think differently about marketing, plus use historical facts in managing my price risks of growing crops on my small farm.
    The markets are what the markets are guys an Farmgirl.

My guess today is that last minute selling by producers to get the check in the bank by tomorrow afternoon.
    Pretty easy to call an sell something, run to town, get/deposit the check last minute like.
    In the past couple months I've heard some are waiting for this MR - "Miraculous Rally" maybe some just can't wait any more.
    Last edited by Tas; 12-29-2017 at 08:29 AM.

OK gentlemen here's what really going on the soybeans very point blunt.
    Dalian beans,,, China's beans futures are in the 2 holer. This started later summer, been in the major toilet this month
    Dalian beans are at HUGE CARRY market all the way into 2019 like a 18% Jan to Jan
    That makes your $10 F-Jan beans worth 11.80 January 2019 this a problem******
    Next problem Dalian beans taken out the lows of 2016/2009/2008 and trading at the lowest levels since July of 2007
    I really can't believe it did this, taking out those 3 lows is taking out very long term triple bottom.

I've asked the question now and then over the last 2 years or so "Is China stocking soybeans like they have other commodity's" ? ? ? ? ?
    What I've describe above with China IMVSO is telling us YES
    I will remain a 15,000 pound Grizzly Bean Bear.

Iowa leads the nation in ethanol production, creating nearly 30 percent of all U.S. ethanol. Iowa's ethanol industry can produce more than 4.1 billion gallons annually, using more than 1.3 billion bushels of corn. This comes from the 41 corn ethanol plants and two cellulosic plants operating across the state

I don't believe china is stockpiling beans,they've been trying to get their producers to grow more beans to help cut down on imports,but their protein needs are so great they just keep needing more protein.chinese meat demand continues to grow to meet that demand requires more plant protein.Now as they start to build more ethanol plants they will start to require less beans but thats probably a couple of years out,and then they'll need to import corn to supply the e plants.

HAPPY NEW YEARS GUY AND GALS !!!!!
    Final hidden message of the year ES +.25 ? ? ? There is a prize

My New Years resolution is to be a BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 🤔
    ANYTHING but soybeans.
    Last edited by Tas; 12-29-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_51 View Post
    If TAS was as smart as he would have us believe he'd be 100% in Bitcoin. Just saying.
    I have seen an article that compares bitcoin to the Tulip craze of centuries ago. Bitcoin will be a great way to get weathier or poorer. Kinda like farmin' in it's richer / poorer swings but the humans will always need and value food.
    “Democracy is the worst form of government, -------------------------------except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

I've been into BTC and Blockchain tech since last March, sure has been a nice profitable ride, bumpy however...lol and I thought my Canadian weed stocks I am holding were volatile???.......

I remember hearing about that Tulip deal Jabber funny how something can jog ones memory.
    My former bride was AWESOME with flowers and timing of with having something in bloom darn near every week all season.
    One thing I learn quick like in my younger years was a wife/flowers/Banvel an spraying dandy-lines don't match.
    When we parted ways an I'm back to the dating deal,,, I'd walk the yard before a date and I could ALWAYS find a beautifulllll flowerrrrrr to give to the lady.
    You know I never said anything about that to my former bride,,, an here you guys thought I couldn't keep my mouth shut

Corn an wheat markets are doing so so to OKish, NP- No postilions
    Cattle I've been reading bear and still reading bear, yaa I'm short again as of Wednesday
    Soybeans that 15,000 # Grizzly is now 17,000 #'s, short hedged new crop mite have a call this a cross bean hedge IDK yet.
    Cotton I'll stay bully tho have a yellow cautious flag handy, NP and not on my bucket list.
    Crude will stick to my JD tractor number (Its been hit) crude on my bucket list since 2007 mite have to check it off in 2018

Beans the last 3 weeks dating back the pre KVT high of $10.27 ZSH18 on December 5 its been lets sell the living manure out of beans*****
    This has been ALL TIME record net selling buy the spec money,,,,, its really been fun anticipating/watching this play out.

DTN's Ag Summit/KVT's yearly meeting Chip Flory was in Pierre SD for a bigger meeting plus 3 other bigger farm marketing meetings that week.
    A new 5 month high ? Bean bulls come flying out of the woodwork ? Remember the pre #2017CC - Commodity Classic's high last spring ?
    Did you BUY the news ? ? ? Buy those January call options ? ? ? Or did you manage your price risks by SELLING the rally ? ? ?
    Yes Argy is alittle dry in the south/sw parts tho with our lacking exports sales and Brazil's crop as it looks today I really do not think the spec money cares.

Mite road trip to CC over the mountains to Gramma CC's. Doesn't AW have some producers in the PNW ?
    Am I too late pick up some Walla Walla onions ?
    Too early for tater planting ?
    Good mountain weather site to check things out first ?

Bitcoin, yep when the get rich quick deal fails someone's gonna go running to Mommy (The Judge) cry heartbreak.
    http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/5693851156001/?#sp=show-clips