Page 1 of 267 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Marketing 2015

Marketing 2015

Maybe it's time to start thinking about this topic or maybe not? I've locked in some corn and beans and some inputs too boot. I feel a rally into spring will bring higher prices but from what point? I hope you ag webbers will continue to give good advice in this new year. As always I'm riding my unicorn eating all the skittles I can stuff in my mouth.

In front of one of my computers or on my phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by GREG1 View Post
    Maybe it's time to start thinking about this topic or maybe not? I've locked in some corn and beans and some inputs too boot. I feel a rally into spring will bring higher prices but from what point? I hope you ag webbers will continue to give good advice in this new year. As always I'm riding my unicorn eating all the skittles I can stuff in my mouth.
    Ooooh, what kind? The regular skittles or something more exotic like the tropical ones?
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/DiederichFarm"]DiederichFarm[/URL]
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Quote Originally Posted by drdiederich View Post
    Ooooh, what kind? The regular skittles or something more exotic like the tropical ones?
    I like the sour ones the best.

And Green unicorns.

Quote Originally Posted by dairyfarmmn View Post
    I like the sour ones the best.

And Green unicorns.
    thought ALL unicorns were Blondes

I'm NOT a marketer, but are corn/bean prices rising from funds leaving oil, and headed to grains?

NO! The party has just begun on Wall Street as Goldman and Friends along with their Congress Buddies just shoved 70Trillion of Derivative debt on the taxpayer. Hmmm..Citi increases $(Trillion in Derivative exposure in 3rd Quarter while Goldman Sachs unloaded about that much. This is Lehman Bros Redux.....CitiBank gets the bailout via taxpayers and Goldamn Sucks escapes the carnage reaping billions in fees and awards....This is ALL planned......The BIG MONEY already left oil before the collapse...only thing left are bagholders of the 100:1 leveraged debt from the oil companies. Rinse - Lather - Repeat. Buy MOAR STAWKS! We ain't seen anything yet....but corn,beans, wheat, PM's will be monkey hammered.

2015 Farmaggedon. It's here folks. Prepare accordingly.

Man those ole index funds sure stepped up to the plate today in the soybean market for no apparent reason. They even had a little money left over to help the corn market a little. I wonder how long it will last?

Did cousin Sat get stopped out of his hedges today Tas?

I did a little more research. It seems that a few people are starting to doubt USDA and Informa's lofty numbers and the final crop could be lower than USDA Nov estimate due to lower planted acres. I've also been hearing rumers that final demand could be 25-50 mil bu higher than USDA Dec est. Smaller crop? Higher demand? Can't be! Only my backyard didn't raise a "bin busting, burdensome crop" I've been told.

Last week funds net sold 17,000 corn futures, today they bought were net buyers of 10,000 corn futures. I wish they would make up their minds. Maybe percy is right about them leaving oil and throwing a little money at the grain market, we sure could use the help. Or maybe those ole index funds got a sneak peek at the Jan. 12th USDA report? Wait, doesn't Informa put their pre USDA guesses tomorrow?

Cuz Sat still all in, no stops yet, not quite sure what to think about today. Then tonight its way way to quiet, calm before the storm ? Spec numbers on corn and beans the 30th were pretty much shorting ,pretty much the same as the last 3 months. This is getting old and boring.

82 - Doubt at your own peril.