Cannot retrieve https://www.agweb.com/vbulletin.aspx Can some one explain this?
AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road

Can some one explain this?

Every one wants to use my shop because it is cool inside. It was probably 70 or so in there. 90 degrees outside and 90% humidity. All who use it leave the big doors open while they are in there.
    Yesterday they were complaining about the heat inside. I suggested that since they wanted inside where it was cool may be they should shut the doors. They just looked at me like I was an idiot.
    The shop does not have AC but is well insulated with a dehumidifier so if you keep it shut up it is pretty decent in there.
    So why does every one want to leave the doors open?

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    iadave: The least you could do for your free loading neighbors is to put in A/C, welding fume exhaust, and a well stocked fridge.

Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    Cuz they was born in a barn!!! What about those folks who go to the beach and lay on the sand to cool off?? Let in the cool air at night, then shut the heat out all day.

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    48, We do have welding fume exhaust. So far since April we have been through 3 3/4 pallets of cookies. Also assorted other treats. The fridge is stocked weekly with Pepsi, diet coke and 7-up. HMM I think I am seeing the problem here...
    I think my problem is about over. The doors have been open all week. Last week it was still 50 ish on the concrete. Today it is in the 80's in there in the morning. Last year we did better keeping the doors closed and even at the end of august the temp was 70 something.

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by iadave View Post
    48, We do have welding fume exhaust. So far since April we have been through 3 3/4 pallets of cookies. Also assorted other treats. The fridge is stocked weekly with Pepsi, diet coke and 7-up. HMM I think I am seeing the problem here...
    I think my problem is about over. The doors have been open all week. Last week it was still 50 ish on the concrete. Today it is in the 80's in there in the morning. Last year we did better keeping the doors closed and even at the end of august the temp was 70 something.
    iadave: The Pepsi, Diet Coke, and 7-up is for chasing the whisky...right??? Stock the fridge with beer, and you will be the most popular guy around. lol.

Moderator drdiederich is on a distinguished road drdiederich's Avatar
    In front of one of my computers or on my phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by PERCY View Post
    Cuz they was born in a barn!!! What about those folks who go to the beach and lay on the sand to cool off?? Let in the cool air at night, then shut the heat out all day.
    On my dairy leaving a door open ANYWHERE is a BIG NO NO! Its a way to get a "discussion" with me about the ins and outs of mechanical ventilation. Everyone on my farm is now an expert of fluid dynamics and mechanical ventilation!

Dave, can I borrow your shop? Just ship it up her to WI for a while. I promise I will keep the doors closed.

PS, they should be stocking the fridge for you in return for using the shop... heck, they should build you a bar and stock that too!
    DiederichFarm
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup