AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road

side dressing corn

http://cornandsoybeandigest.com/fertilizer/tips-sidedressing-nitrogen-corn?page=1

ECI...a quick question, WHY do you suppose those minysoda people take their
    applicators out to blank fields to practice what they preach with?....

You have to open the site to see the picture...some good info on their following pages..
    looks like they had you do the plant photos

Senior Member ECI is on a distinguished road ECI's Avatar
    Beats me Dennis why they do it that way - Maybe you should ask The prick 82 whats up - I'm sure he will have an answer .

Speaking of side dressing , I did try it , about 5:30 yesterday afternoon , Boy that was a dumbazz trick ! On the NTB , it has straight blades on it - the dirt was sticking to the blades and it looked like I was running a mole knife on the NTB ! Was covering up V-5 corn at 6 mph so slowed down to 3 mph , still pulling up mud - So parted it after only 1 round . The only smart thing I did was not fill up the Hag. Only half full .

Neighbors was putting on all day long , one with 28% and the others was pulling smoke , Made a call to the most trusted one - he said it was not the best of conditions -- All I call say is , I would hate to see what he thinks what chitty conditions are .

Senior Member dairyfarmmn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis1 View Post
    http://cornandsoybeandigest.com/fert...en-corn?page=1

ECI...a quick question, WHY do you suppose those minysoda people take their
    applicators out to blank fields to practice what they preach with?....

You have to open the site to see the picture...some good info on their following pages..
    looks like they had you do the plant photos
    Hey now....... I made it active Double D

Senior Member GREG1 is on a distinguished road
    I sideressed all my 500 acres the first time in 2 days. What seems to be the problem boys? Split application twice after planting and initial 30# pre plant. Back again with 80# and then the final 100 to 130# when corn reaches 4 ft or so. Looks like 220+ bu corn again. I love corn.

Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road
    I put down 100 32% preplant, 30 units 28% with ore-emerge spray, and yesterday 50 units of ESN dry spread over the top of 4' tall corn....got it rained in last night and today....should be tassled by morning. I have no idea why the gap tooth hillbilly is fvcking around with that disk opener rig on the Hagie.....and complaining about picking up mud. lmao. You just can't fix stupid.

Senior Member GREG1 is on a distinguished road
    Well, look at this way db51, the old hosier forgot to take off his snow blade and he's trying to sideress his corn with it. No wonder he's got mud on his unit. A snow blade will definitely slow you down. What will the boy from Indiana think of next?

Senior Member 82 is on a distinguished road 82's Avatar
    I have no idea why they're making such a big deal about that guys Montag air box in Dennis's article. This ole girl is a 16 row 1997 model Montag paired with a Fast bar, supposedly the poorest model they ever built. As you can see with some serious finngeneering I finally got the row to row accuracy pretty darn good. Finally got enough weld on it so it would hold too.

I bought it used in about 2001 when I finally got tired of side dressing with gas, and a not local co-op gave up on it.The ole girl won't even be pulled out of the shed this year, neither will the corn head.

This was side dressing my record breaking corn crop last year. You know what's planted in the same field this year? As of right now nothing. Finally got in that field today for the first time with the VT rig in an attempt to dry it out a little, that was scary. Hope to plant it tomorrow.

So to answer you guys question as to why that guy is out in a field with a side dress rig in a field with no corn...he didn't get any planted just like me...dumb azzes. It looks like he's just as far along with his bean planting as me also.

Did you think I was kidding when I said it was wet up Nort here? That ECI guy is crying about mud sticking to his coulters boo fing hoo!

I'm sorry guys - I'm just a fk off I guess , lol

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    yer all **** offs...

Oh boy verb , just shaken my head here