+ Reply to Thread
    Super Moderator PotterB is on a distinguished road

Dairy promotion does actually work

Oral Capps, an economist with Texas A&M, shows that for every dollar invested in dairy promotion, consumers spend $3.05 more on dairy products. It varies by product, with fluid milk seeing the lowest benefit-to-cost ratio (BCR) of $2.14. The cheese BCR is $4.26, export promotion, $5.12, and butter, $9.63.

Full story here: http://www.agweb.com/livestock/dairy...ion_does_work/

Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    SURE.. that's like saying if you wouldn't have put all that extra fert. on yer corn, you'd have lost even more money. Generic ads really don't do much, IMHO. That CWT has gotten its 2 cents worth tho.

Senior Member 48 is on a distinguished road
    You better hope CWT's export promos work. I see Class III is down to 20.

Senior Member dairydecider is on a distinguished road
    CWT's export program isn't really a generic advertising program (USDEC is closer to a generic marketing program). CWT attempts to build up export marketing channels and offer 'manufacturing coupons' of sorts for its dues paying members to use on sales.

The check off promotion funds are too entrenched to do away with them completely. I do see high value in funding and promoting nutrition and environmental research for check-off investments. If you want to stimulate sales you need to market your brand. Considering that the 20% of the US's milk produced in Cali. has not a single fluid plant owned by a cooperative should give you an idea on how much dairy farmers have traditionally valued brands (which is odd considering some of the most fabled Ag brands have come from Cali. cooperatives e.g. Sunmaid, Diamond, Sunkist. etc.).

Moderator drdiederich is on a distinguished road drdiederich's Avatar
    In front of one of my computers or on my phone...
    Well said dd. The divestiture of brands by many coops to focus on wholesale production just boggles the mind. Every major wholesale company in food and beverage tries so hard to find, buy or create brands so they can tap that premium but unfortunately we dairy farmers and our coop management have dropped the ball.
    DiederichFarm
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Senior Member 82 is on a distinguished road 82's Avatar
    Df and I have done more to promote the Field Gate brand pizza giving each other chitt on some obscure ag site discussion page than the co-op ever has. We even have one guy driving around the US in a semi trying to find them.

Is there a form to fill out so I can get some of those check off $$$'s for my promotional efforts?

Senior Member johndeere-girl is on a distinguished road johndeere-girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 82 View Post
    Df and I have done more to promote the Field Gate brand pizza giving each other chitt on some obscure ag site discussion page than the co-op ever has. We even have one guy driving around the US in a semi trying to find them.

Is there a form to fill out so I can get some of those check off $$$'s for my promotional efforts?
    Yea...that guy hasn't been home in I don't know how long. Some jackazz gave him directions to a store on hwy. 63 & 90 and I haven't heard for him since!!! Must have been really good pizza????? LMAO

This sh*t is getting old...putting crops in all by yourself!!

Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    Don't worry, little miss putt putt, he'll get home in time for the replant!!