Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road

weather modle

According to the European model...

The good news is there is NO SNOW on the map

and warmer after day 3

Cold spell on day 6 from the Ohio river north

Warm generally from day 7 to day 13

After that, cold works in from the north to very cold on day 15

The best I can explain on the 15 day precipitation is, a wide trough with the center line from extends from central Nebraska to central Pennsylvania and includes the states of N.Texas, all of OK. eastern 1/2 of Kansas, Nebraska, all of Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, KY, MO, OH, WV, Pa, they all show receiving 2" - 6" of rain.

The corner of Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, shows 5"-9". Northern parts of the US maybe 1".

A spot in South TX 10"-15". Generally no dry spots------------------------------------------------------------------------------------their is that now this----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tropical Development Off Of Mexico Next Week

May 17,

A tropical system is looking to take shape off of the coastline of western Mexico over the next few days. Though this system will likely be slow to develop, there is uncertainty in the exact track into next week.

Currently, some clouds off to the southwest of Acapulco, Mexico, are spinning a bit and continues to have storms circulating around the low pressure area.
    -----------wet wet wet------------------dave
    Last edited by davidm479; 05-17-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    Send the moisture this way 479!!!!....it would have been snow this morning, temperature at sun up was 34F...locally, forecast is for a warm up, but breezy next week.

Senior Member nlballard is on a distinguished road
    we will take it. Please LORD

Senior Member db51 is on a distinguished road
    Translation. I'm screwed.

Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road
    gosh one little post from overseas can cause so much hope and despair I my self wish all this moisture west and give me and db relief this having wetness so offen is causing mold to grow on the planter that has not had the chance to move this year good luck all----------------------------dave

Senior Member 4450 is on a distinguished road
    32 this morning on thermometer under front porch. Frost on the car windshield. Looked at corn down by the river. Black droopy leaves on some. Alfalfa on the hills looks like it's been sprayed with roundup. Just run out of moisture. Noticed wheat today next towhere I was planting beans has white heads showing up. Local weather station says we're 5 inches below normal for the year. Yet ten miles away, they've received 2 to 4 plus inches over the past couple weeks. Makes you wonder what you are doing wrong.

Senior Member dennis1 is on a distinguished road
    Have no fear 4450, if the corn is anything like around here, hasn't grown any this week because of cooler temperatures..
    the growing point still beneath soil? Besides, haven't you read or heard, the corn crop is already a huge one!
    BTW---Good Luck everyone, even those of you who practice PP---is that some sort of religion?

Senior Member PERCY is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by davidm479 View Post
    gosh one little post from overseas can cause so much hope and despair I my self wish all this moisture west and give me and db relief this having wetness so offen is causing mold to grow on the planter that has not had the chance to move this year good luck all----------------------------dave
    Its prolly a fungus that's a growin on the planter!! Kinda a SOP out here. Bein the middle of May for your area and not planted seems a little late, right? 7 weeks is the 4th of July...a different type of fireworks!

Senior Member BinswOH is on a distinguished road BinswOH's Avatar
    33 in sw Ohio this morning. Light frost everywhere. It's May 18th and we're off to a weird growing season. I may be the only one here that hasn't started any beans yet and am glad of that.

Senior Member 82 is on a distinguished road 82's Avatar
    Started beans!? Still waiting to start corn here. Maybe Tues. if the rain forecast for Monday stays away. A few people kinda sorta starting to fire up around here, it's not going good.