+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator PotterB is on a distinguished road

What's the most acres you can plant in a day?

Heard on Market Rally today that some farmers might have planted the most acres they've ever planted in the past three days.

So bragging rights time - how many acres can you plant in a day? Or what percentage of your crop could you get in the ground in one day?

Senior Member 82 is on a distinguished road 82's Avatar
    Kinda depends on your definition of a day.

Back in the day when were doing more, we used to average 220-250 running 5-5.5 mph, using two 8 row 30" planters. We were putting seed, 180lbs of dry fert, and banding liquid herbicide, never had the lights on, lots of filling

I do about 180-200 with my 16 row 30" running 4.5 mph putting seed, and about 250lbs of dry fert. Lots of filling, no lights on. Going to one bigger planter slowed us down some but help is always an issue around here so it eliminates 1 1/2 people.

If I don't have a lot of mud to contend with, and planter dolly helps fill and move everyday, and doesn't cause too many distractions I can plant about 1/3 of my corn or bean crop in one day.

Senior Member pldairy is on a distinguished road
    depends on field size! here we have all sizes on one farm we farm has 12 fields of muck ground ,ditches all over, odd sizes from3 ac to 15 ac, you don't get much done, as you turn all the time.we can plant 18 ac an hour in bigger fields, so another fact is how far between farms.
    a lot more planting than just planting........
    just like our local land hog who was running a 24 row planter in a 3 ac field......just crazey

Senior Member Peeler GTFB is on a distinguished road
    12 row have planted 200 in a day before 160 is a good day most days seem like 80 to 140 this year.

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    I ground about 500 sq ft per hour today... new concrete basement floor..

Senior Member The Duke is on a distinguished road
    Went from an 8 row to a 16 row this year. always could do 80 acres with the 8 row so hoping to double that. also put autosteer
    on the planter tractor

Senior Member verbatime is on a distinguished road verbatime's Avatar
    Neighbor was running a 32 row had 24 last year. I put a new kitchen in for him first of the year.

Senior Member greengold is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeler GTFB View Post
    12 row have planted 200 in a day before 160 is a good day most days seem like 80 to 140 this year.
    what he said

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    Well, I have been planting since Saturday. I have about 300 acres done. Most of that was planted today.I had a couple 0 acre days,then a 13, and then a couple 50's then did the rest today.BTW, today was the shortest day!
    I did one field today that had 16.2 acres of end rows. The field only has 30.5 acres in it.
    16 row Kinze planter

Senior Member iadave is on a distinguished road
    Since no one is reading/ posting I will give my best day ever. 230 acres, Moved 5 times and only had help once. Over 50 highway miles. I had lunch and supper with the in laws and showed them how to run the planter rig. All done with no lights on.