AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road

we lost one of own

Gary G. Wilhelmi
    US FARM REPORT will sure GARY he was a good analysis ----------dave

Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:00 am

Gary G. Wilhelmi

VALPARAISO, Ind. - Gary G. Wilhelmi, 72, passed away Monday, Jan. 13, 2014, at Porter Regional Hospital in Valparaiso. He was born Aug. 23, 1941, in Joliet, Ill., to the late Leroy and Ruth (nee Schoop) Wilhelmi..

He was a resident of Valparaiso since 1998, formerly of Bridgman, a 1964 graduate of the University of Illinois, 1959 graduate of Joliet Township High School and a National Futures Market analyst for 50 years.

Gary is survived by wife, Nancy L. Wilhelmi of Valparaiso; children: Christopher (Meghan) Wilhelmi of Chicago; Cary (Chad) Hayes of Hudsonville; Josh (Casey) Wilhelmi of Berkley, Mich.; Amy Wilhelmi of Lake Villa, Ill.; Abby Wilhelmi of Canton, Mich.; and Mandy Wilhelmi of Chicago; stepdaughter, Mili (Robert) French of Sugar Grove, Ill.; grandchildren: Drew, Paige and Aaron French; Crea and Jude Wilhelmi; Brennan Hayes; Cole, Cade and Dane Wilhelmi; Austin and Allison Rahn; and Bryce Winfield.

He was preceded in death by parents.

Services will be private. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the American Diabetes Association

Senior Member steffy is on a distinguished road
    I always enjoyed listening to his comments

Senior Member Tas is on a distinguished road
    Here's a copy and paste from NAT.

This is Gary’s oldest, Chris. He died 1/13 of complications from infections due to diabetes.

It is nice to see the comments coming in from all over the country about my father. If you would like to read more about my father, I posted a thanks at length in response to a post by Cindy at AgWired (there is also an article from Gary Truitt if you search Gary Wilhelmi on google)

But, I will tell you this… I was driving cross-country in ’94 when I pulled into Lincoln, NE with an oil leak. The dealership told me it was a $700 rear main seal (what a pile of….!). So, I went to a smaller service station near the edge of town just at 5:00 p.m. The man told me the issue was a 67 O-Ring and that the repair would be $50 and he could get to it the next day. He saw my credit card and inquired about my last name. I told him Gary was my father. He repaired my car within the hour and refused to take any money.

That was when I realized my dad was doing something special for good people.

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, and please spread the word-- it will mean a lot to my mother.

Chris Wilhelmi, Chicago

Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road
    Tas your post just proves Gary was a big man in his time he will surely be misted by many a farmer he had one thing that made it click he had the respect of the farmer------------dave
    Last edited by davidm479; 01-21-2014 at 08:06 AM.

He didn't sugarcoat much, is what I liked about him.