AgWeb Farm Journal Legacy Project Top Producer Dairy Today Beef Today Pro Farmer Ag Day TV US Farm Report MyMachinery.com Ultimate Farm Quest
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 LastLast

Thread: Marketing 2014

Senior Member davidm479 is on a distinguished road
    forget the rumer plant your heart---------------------dave

Senior Member steffy is on a distinguished road
    Grains starting off under pressure.beans and wht down about 20.Looks like rain was rather light in the hrw areas and forcast doe'nt look that promising,plus Ukrain looks unsettling.Surprised wheat is sharply lower.,,but 3 day weekends are notorious for big moves.

volume does look lite so don't know if I trust the break.export inspections bullish corn @ almost 1.6mmt,wheat and beans looked neutral to slightly bearish

Senior Member Tas is on a distinguished road
    Beans woke up to the down side today. More then just "seemed"to be more a urgent need to sell beans today. Another down day would not be good for the uptrend line... If corn acres haven't been getting bought,bean acres gonna be going up..... Heard way to many comments from different sourced comparing beans to 2004...

Beans broke today on rumors China's going to auction off some of it's reserve's,also more default rumors.Funds hold to many longs,so are unrstandably nervous.Supplys are still tight but the easy money to the upside is gone.look for some violent moves to both the upside and downside.
    Weather looks to stay cold and wet ,may be a deja vue of last year.With low corn acres nc corn may need some risk premium added back in.

Senior Member greengold is on a distinguished road
    got my corn seed delivered today...have a good report with my seed salesman...the last 5 years his sales numbers have been pretty damn close to usda final plantings...on a relative basis of course. said he had a 5% jump in corn sales the past 2 weeks. only one guy switching to more beans...the rest adding corn acres. lots of gas going down around here. i will say it again...the usda estimate for corn acres will be the lowest printed number the rest of the year.

tas i hear your 2004 analogy BUT...what if we don't plant as many beans...what if all those cargoes go somewhere else other than china? i wanted to ask this before...who the frick cares where the beans land...point is they are being used...right?...even if they are directed BACK to the US...anyone seen the crush number lately...or the price of milk and beef?

Senior Member Tom In Ont is on a distinguished road
    Tas, another down day on soys? are you talking nearby's of deferred or both in regards to chart damages? I'm getting the itch to get some deferred booked.
    This two week window of weather coming up sure looks cold and wet, planting before that weather running the risk of corn getting pancaked in soil should be taken with great concern.
    We are behind heat units here, no apple blossoms yet, no frogs croaking,wheat just starting to green, no fields steaming with heat,no asparagus spearing, and grass is far from cutting, all adds up to a cold ground late spring in my book, perhaps its just Lake affect from cold azz Erie????
    My guess is, just an ole fashion start to the season with the ole adage of knee high corn by the 1st of July coming into fruition around here. Some might view this as a catastrophy after comparing this to 2012 weather.
    Also, has anyone noticed how this calender year we are roughly 10-14 days ahead of last year, Easter was two weeks early last year.So in essence today the 22 is really first week of April according to last year calender, this weather cold should be of no surprise.Trees have hardly budded here so I'm not looking to turn a wheel for at least two-three more weeks.
    Last edited by Tom In Ont; Yesterday at 06:56 AM.

Senior Member 82 is on a distinguished road 82's Avatar
    +1 on the two weeks ahead of last year so far Tom. The weather guy is talking two days of rain here, which is needed, and good. Then normal temps for the weekend, which is needed, and good. Then two days of rain/snow and below normal temps for the rest of next week,which is not needed, and not good. Oh well, we've got till May 10th till I would consider it's getting late for corn here. If weather guy is correct, it's shaping up to be a rinse and repeat of last year, which is not needed, and not good.

Senior Member Tom In Ont is on a distinguished road
    been no rain of anything other than a trace here this spring, worrisome indeed. I know when its cool there's really never any sizable rains in sight. We need heat to spurn on those warm t-storm rains to get these field tile running.
    I put my 28% down on my wheat/ liquid/ on Monday, just to get it to rain and wash away...lol but not lol too hard....been there and done it before. When its dry take advantage of it, it just might not last.
    This has the making of a very very dry year so far. Farmers almanac is predicting a very hot and dry one, they were the only ones that got last winter's weather spot on, scary chit......

I don't think there will be an any corn added in the N plains.It's going to be late here,basis is a dollar under dec,and after hugh dryin bill last fall corn left a bad taste in farmers mouths.$12 beans way more attractive than $4 corn,railcar shortage doesn't seem to be getting any better.Inputs have also spiked as it's hard and expensive to get fert shipped in.Weather is going to be cold and wet the next week or so,have'nt seen any corn planters running yet,spr wh is about done tho.Talked to a seed corn producer from Nebr. he said seed sales way down,thought acres would be even lower in future reports.